Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Mary McHugh

Default Moron growing garlic

(another in the "moron growing..." series. Anyone here long enough to
remember the "Moron growing basil" thread in rec.gardens long before the
re-org?)

Anyhow. Last winter snow arrived so early and stayed so long that I
didn't get to separate my garlic and replant. Now I have clumps of
garlic. Should I pull them up and separate now or let them continue to
grow? I'm more interested in harvesting this batch rather than
propagating for next year.

Also, does anyone have any tips on growing larger bulbs? My garlic
always ends up rather small no matter what I plant (i.e. sprouted
supermarket versus garlic intended for planting).

At least I can finally walk into the garden without sinking to my knees!

Mary

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
"Pride of Place Plants" Moron or Lunatic paghat Gardening 4 30-07-2005 07:49 PM
Garlic Growing Problems [email protected] United Kingdom 0 24-05-2004 07:11 PM
Growing Zones Was: when do you harvest garlic? Steve Calvin Edible Gardening 9 18-04-2004 06:05 AM
Growing Zones Was: when do you harvest garlic? Steve Calvin Edible Gardening 0 06-04-2004 09:15 PM