Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-06-2007, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Replace with?

Leaf lettuce is seeding. Gotta pull it all up, eat, and give away rest.
Adjacent plants are jalapenos and tomatoes doing well in central TX heat.

Want to seed for something I like to eat. Never tried growing cantalope
(cantaloupe). Is it too late in season for this if planting seed?

Raised garden. Average depth of soil is 6" brought in. Various bagged
potting soils, 10-5-5 fertilizer, sandy loam with some clay. Use ditch
irrigation, deep soak method. Water drains well.

Planted watermelon seed in same garden to replace spinach some 3 weeks ago.
Its got 3rd set of leaves now. My son says its too late in season for that?

Will probably go with spinach and leaf lettuce seed again in September.
Don't expect much of frost here till November.
Dave