Old 24-04-2003, 11:08 PM
joe s

Default anyone have a good pickling recipe?

we are going to have a HUGE crop of cucumbers this year and i would love to
pickle a majority of them.

do any of you have any good ones you live by?
(ps - i have gotten some from internet research, just couldn't hurt to ask
)

Old 24-04-2003, 11:08 PM
George Shirley

Try over on rec.food.preserving Joe, lots of folks getting ready to put
the cukes by over there and lots of good recipes. Good luck.

George

Old 25-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Tim B

The Ball Blue Book is a major asset for pickling. You can often find one at
stores that have a good selection of jars, etc. or you can order one he
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

There are many kinds of pickles .... Do you like sweet, dill, lime, bread
and butter, etc? Canned or frozen or fresh? For some types of pickles
you'll want to harvest the cukes when they're very small; some cucumber
varieties do better with that than others.

. ..

Old 25-04-2003, 03:32 AM
joe s

my wife an i both prefer dill or dill and garlic

we planted the pickling variety....so we should be set on that

Tim B wrote in message
.. .
The Ball Blue Book is a major asset for pickling. You can often find one

at
stores that have a good selection of jars, etc. or you can order one he

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...051232642/sr=8
-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-2780622-2016644?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

There are many kinds of pickles .... Do you like sweet, dill, lime,

bread
and butter, etc? Canned or frozen or fresh? For some types of pickles
you'll want to harvest the cukes when they're very small; some cucumber
varieties do better with that than others.

. ..

Old 27-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Dan

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:59:58 GMT, "joe s" wrote:

we are going to have a HUGE crop of cucumbers this year and i would love to
pickle a majority of them.

do any of you have any good ones you live by?
(ps - i have gotten some from internet research, just couldn't hurt to ask
)

There's this one recipe a friend knows. It uses allspice and a few
other things, but always throw in a bay leaf, some garlic and a hot
pepper. Damn that smells good just thinking about it

Dan