Old 17-09-2009, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bud Bud is offline

Default Favorite Tomato

[quoted text muted]

Best tomato for me is stupis for eating, roma and early girl for canning,
and the cherry is sweet million.
--
signature goes here
Old 22-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered User

My plum tomatos are very good this year, very sweet and full of flavor. My favorites are my beef tomatos though. They turned out really big and I made some amazing salads and soups.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Any tomato that is red and juicy
"Mike" wrote in message
Every body knows that home grown vine ripened tomatoes are way better than
anything store bought.
The question is out of all the tomatoes you grow at home which one is your
favorite?

Here's mine:
Care to guess the name of this tomato?
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6549/favoritew.jpg

This is the first tomato I could classify as wow, excellent, delicious, or
very tasty.
The color and texture show some heirloom qualities.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered User

I have to say that I like some of the common varieties.

I have grown a few this year but I really liked Gardener's Delight.
Old 17-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Every body knows that home grown vine ripened tomatoes are way better than
anything store bought.
The question is out of all the tomatoes you grow at home which one is your
favorite?

Here’s mine:
Care to guess the name of this tomato?
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6549/favoritew.jpg

This is the first tomato I could classify as wow, excellent, delicious, or
very tasty.
The color and texture show some heirloom qualities.
My favorite is a variety I only know as plum tomatoes. I like them even better since I found that a row of sweet basil planted next to each row of tomato plants make the tomatoes taste better.
__________________
Regards,

Sonny Chenoweth
Get more herb garden information

Old 19-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Leeds, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackW View Post
My favorite is a variety I only know as plum tomatoes. I like them even better since I found that a row of sweet basil planted next to each row of tomato plants make the tomatoes taste better.
My favourite has got to be Sweet Million, although it's an F1 variety I have had a great crop from my plants this year and the taste is spectacular! Well worth growing especially compared to others that I have tried.
Old 21-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered User

I like most all tomatoes and they are one of my favorite garden plants. Recently I discovered something that makes them even better. Someone suggested that basil plants could improve the flavor of tomatoes. I planted a row of basil next to my tomatoes and it may be my imagination but they do taste better. They definitely taste a little sweeter. Try it you'll like it.
Regards,

Sonny Chenoweth
Get more herb garden information

What's Your Favorite Hybrid Tomato To Grow? EVP MAN Gardening 4 29-03-2011 02:21 PM
Favorite Magazine [email protected] Edible Gardening 18 18-03-2003 12:44 PM
Favorite Plants?? LeeAnne Gardening 34 17-03-2003 11:56 AM
Favorite perennial vines? Elizabeth North Carolina 13 08-03-2003 02:08 AM
UT Roland's Favorite Soil Amendment Theory was, More Better Blooms Shiva Roses 14 08-02-2003 04:14 AM