Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered User

Location: wiltshire
Default Help with my tomato plants

Hi everyone,

I have decided to give growing my own veg ago, all seemed fine unti now, i need some expert help!

I have added a picture of the leaves on my tomato plant, i dont understand what going wrong? and whats worse is that its spreading to my other tomato plants.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...0052010104.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...0052010105.jpg

Can anyone help?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Veggieveg wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have decided to give growing my own veg ago, all seemed fine unti now,
i need some expert help!

I have added a picture of the leaves on my tomato plant, i dont
understand what going wrong? and whats worse is that its spreading to my
other tomato plants.

'[image:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/tasha325/th_10052010104.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/32bolsn)

'[image:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/tasha325/th_10052010105.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/34ukpak)

Can anyone help?

Kinda looks like magnesium or calcium deficiency.
http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/min-def/tomatoes.htm
http://www.ehow.com/how_2190494_iden...cy-plants.html

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/soi...iciency-easy-f
ix-guide
--
- Billy
Old 11-05-2010, 02:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Veggieveg wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have decided to give growing my own veg ago, all seemed fine unti
now, i need some expert help!

I have added a picture of the leaves on my tomato plant, i dont
understand what going wrong? and whats worse is that its spreading to
my other tomato plants.

'[image:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/tasha325/th_10052010104.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/32bolsn)

'[image:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/tasha325/th_10052010105.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/34ukpak)

Can anyone help?

It is hard for me to see the pictures as they are rather small. I am
going for a disease caused by a pathogen or a mineral deficiency. You could
try google images with search terms such as:

http://www.google.com.au/images?as_q...ch:1,itp:photo

David

Old 11-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered User

Location: wiltshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
Veggieveg wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have decided to give growing my own veg ago, all seemed fine unti
now, i need some expert help!

I have added a picture of the leaves on my tomato plant, i dont
understand what going wrong? and whats worse is that its spreading to
my other tomato plants.

'[image:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/tasha325/th_10052010104.jpg]'
(10052010104.jpg picture by tasha325 - Photobucket)

'[image:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/tasha325/th_10052010105.jpg]'
(10052010105.jpg picture by tasha325 - Photobucket)

Can anyone help?

It is hard for me to see the pictures as they are rather small. I am
going for a disease caused by a pathogen or a mineral deficiency. You could
try google images with search terms such as:

tomato magnesium deficiency - Google Search

David

Guys thanks for this and the links, i will look in to this further tonight after work, i take it i can save them?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Veggieveg said:

Hi everyone,

I have decided to give growing my own veg ago, all seemed fine unti now,
i need some expert help!

I have added a picture of the leaves on my tomato plant, i dont
understand what going wrong? and whats worse is that its spreading to my
other tomato plants.

(http://tinyurl.com/32bolsn)

(http://tinyurl.com/34ukpak)

Can anyone help?

Are these plants indoors under lights? In a greenhouse or coldfrae?
Ever been outside? (Plants can be 'sunburned' if they are taken out
into sunlight after being indoors, under artificial light.)

Can't say for sure just what is going on, but the second image looks
like what I might expect if the plant was infested with spider mites.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered User

Location: wiltshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] View Post
Veggieveg said:

[...]

Hi Pat

Thanks for this, i bought the tomato plants (quite small) from B&Q, i grew them in the window sill for a good while, they seemed to thrive. As they grew older and bigger i moved them into a small "weener" type housing.
They seemed to be fine up until 4-5 weeks ago.
I did read about spider mite - i was advised to hold a white piece of paper under the leaves and gently tap them, this would drop the mites on the paper for me to see small black dots moving about, but nothing.

I can only think it maybe a deficiency, the guys above found some really helpful links and it does look like the magnesum.

I also thought sunscald at one point but would this be spreading as such?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered User

Location: wiltshire

p.s