Old 19-05-2010, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default seeking specific bush pumpkin variety

Probably 10 years ago, I encountered a pumpkin variety at a small mom
& pop hardware store. It was a type that grew on very compact bush like
plants, but still yielded decent sized pumpkins.

However, the feature I liked the most was its essentially hull-less
seeds. I love roasted and salted pumpkin seeds, and the fact that this
variety did not have seed hulls was a big plus.

Anyone know the name of this variety? I have not been able to find
it anywhere online. Thanks!

Old 19-05-2010, 02:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Ohioguy wrote:

pumpkin seeds

http://www.gourmetseed.com/product/P...a-hulless.html
?meta=GBASE&metacpg=PK07&utm_source=gbase&utm_medi um=CPC&utm_content=&utm
_campaign=PK07

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/
Old 19-05-2010, 08:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Hmm, for a second I was excited and thought that Godiva might be the
variety, but it is not.

It doesn't specifically mention anything about it being a bush, and
the seed packet I looked at most definitely did not show a mottled
appearance.

I seem to recall the seed packet stressing 3 aspects:

1) decent sized orange pumpkins made good pies or Jack O Lanterns

2) vines were very small bush type

3) hull-less seeds for roasting
Old 20-05-2010, 11:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Ohioguy said:

Probably 10 years ago, I encountered a pumpkin variety at a small mom
& pop hardware store. It was a type that grew on very compact bush like
plants, but still yielded decent sized pumpkins.

However, the feature I liked the most was its essentially hull-less
seeds. I love roasted and salted pumpkin seeds, and the fact that this
variety did not have seed hulls was a big plus.

Anyone know the name of this variety? I have not been able to find
it anywhere online. Thanks!

Could it be 'Snack Jack'? Not big pumpkins, but not mini either, and
bush type.

http://www.reimerseeds.com/snack-jack-pumpkins.aspx

The only naked seeded pumpkin that I know I've seen on seed racks
is Burpee's 'Triple Treat' which is shorter vined, but certainly not so
short as would be a bush-type.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 21-05-2010, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

http://www.burpee.com/product/vegeta...1+packet%29.do

Finally figured out I was thinking of "Triple Treat" from Burpee, and
my memory wasn't from 10 years ago - it was from the late 80's.
Evidently I thought it was a bush type, but it is not.

Maybe a hull-less orange bush type doesn't actually exist!