Old 17-12-2010, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default OT techies and the UP (was Canned food.

In article ,
Dan L wrote:

The world is just way to small. I admit I am keeping my email address and I
have a dozen of them, sorry. I am keeping my distance

Or you could make a throw away account at Yahoo (for example) to
communicate. So, caution isn't a problem.

The Hermit Kingdom (Korea)
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw
Old 17-12-2010, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Dan L wrote:

The world is just way to small. I admit I am keeping my email address and I
have a dozen of them, sorry. I am keeping my distance

Or you could make a throw away account at Yahoo (for example) to
communicate. So, caution isn't a problem.

The Hermit Kingdom (Korea)

Actually if your smart, one can figure out my one of my email address.
After all I am the administrator of that web site. I might make that a
private listing soon if I get to Internic first If one does figure
it out, don't display it!
I still refuse to meet anyone here, very afraid of relationships

Old 17-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDiesel View Post
Anyone besides me think canned beans and asparagus sucks.
Canned beans are no different to normal beans!
Old 17-12-2010, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Canned food.

In article ,
Olivia G wrote:

DogDiesel;907003 Wrote:
Anyone besides me think canned beans and asparagus sucks.

Canned beans are no different to normal beans!

Are you talking dry beans or green beans?
Old 19-12-2010, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message ...

DogDiesel wrote:
Anyone besides me think canned beans and asparagus sucks.

Canned asparagus is compost not food. "Fresh" asparagus from the
supermarket can be acceptable but it isn't good. Asparagus you cut 10
minutes ago is the real thing and a sublime experience as long as you don't
overcook it.

David

I like it raw when its picked from the garden

Old 24-12-2010, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Dan L wrote:
Posting an email address on the usenet is just as bad.

actually, it isn't, i get very little spam e-mails
sent to this e-mail address and i've been using it
for years now. maybe one or two per day, once in a
while it gets higher, but not that often that i even
bother to set up a filter.

My real name is not
Dan or Nad. I have been on use net since the late seventies. I learn a bad
lesson when I first posted my email address. I was getting like 300 junk
mail postings a day. I could not use my computer at all, then it was
dial-up. Had to get a new address and dial in account. So I tend to keep
things in general terms here. I like to keep my distance

ok.

DHH... the basement where the laundry rooms were and playing ping-pong or
watching tv with a dozen others. I also liked the CO-ED sauna, it was real
small
HHD hall had real fireplaces in the main rooms gave the place a cozy
atmosphere.

yes, it was a nice place to live compared to the other
two residence halls as it was much smaller, and the food
was always better. funny, this reminds me that i was on
the food committee for a while (we made suggestions to
the kitchen staff) and at odd times in the summer i'd
work in the kitchen cleaning up. i haven't thought of
that in a dozen years at least.

Wadsworth, now I remember the name. I knew a couple of people their,
swapped albums with others. The only thing I like about Wadsworth was the
cafeteria opened until 9pm.

It did not seem that cold. I remember the sound of crunch crunch of walking
on the snow. Large bulldozers for snow removal. Could read a newspaper late
at night with ease with all the snow reflecting the smallest of light.

those dozers make a lot of noise at 5am, but they
have upgraded the windows since you were there. i'm
sure they are better now. besides at 5am you'd think
they could turn the back-up beepers off...

They may have moved the radio station years later. It was in a small room
on the top floor. The only fun I had there was the station. But I did not
use it more than once a month.

If I had the money I would have stayed it was a First Rate University.
Wayne State was not that bad also and cost less and more convenient.

Small world after all. Won't find an email on one of several web sites I
have.

i'm not a nozy person, i wouldn't look for
one unless i had a reason to contact you. like in
this case i felt it was more suitable to reply to
a personal question via e-mail instead of rattling
on here.

Usenet is the closet to being public for me. I do maintain family contacts.
Christmas time will be dozens of family members getting together.
Being a hermit is a goal, so far I am a failure at it

well i do have the website and people can find my
info from that if they want. it's fine by me. i
haven't had any troubles from it.

Christmas will be busy enough here with some
family around. it's all good.

Tennessee huh, i know people from Grundy county. Outside of Chattanooga.
That place has really changed over the years. Where old country log cabin
homes use to be are now huge mansions.

where i was (over near Elizabethton) was still
pretty undeveloped and unfortunately the air pollution
in the winter got to me too much (they still burn
coal for winter heat and it would hang in the
valleys with the temperature inversion layers
trapping it in).

The only thing in Ohio worth going
to is Cedar Point.

it was 8hrs drive closer than Eastern TN.
from there i moved to Chesaning, MI which cut
the family visit drive time down to 15 minutes.
now we just holler at each other from one
room to the next. so i can't claim hermitude
yet for me either, but some days i pretend.

The world is just way to small. I admit I am keeping my email address and I
have a dozen of them, sorry. I am keeping my distance

ok, fine by me.

peace and happy holidays to you and anyone else
who gets this far in their reading.

songbird