Old 09-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Denise

Default leaves curled on tomatoes

I have this strange issue with my tomato plants in that the leaves appear to
be curling horizontally, not vertically - like closing a hand. They are
still growing and a couple of flowers have come out, but I am concerned that
they have some fungal disease and that I will have to pull them as it is
getting late in the season to try and plant some more (I live in Australia)

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Denise

Old 09-05-2003, 03:32 AM
SpiceScoot

any chance of some herbicide damage? Not much you can do but change your
spraying habits or chew out a neighbor for his. If it is a fungal disease you
might be able to treat for it. Also you could try putting down mulch or
newspaper or something to keep rain splashed soil off the leaves. That is a
vector for the fungus or so they tell me. LRK
Old 13-05-2003, 04:56 AM
M. Tiefert

Default tomatoes

In article , "Jim" wrote:
We are going to start a garden (small) we need 4 tomato types. What is
recommended for salads, and cooking ?
TNA
Jim

Many seed catalogs include notes about flavor and purposes of tomato
cultivars. Besides the ones that Z mentioned, Monemaker and Rutgers are
also good tomatoes. Roma tomatoes are 'meant' for cooking, but can be
eaten fresh - they do well in salads because they're not as runny as
other tomatoes. Sweet million or something similar is a nice cherry
tomato that's pretty easy to find.

My favorite is Dona - a medium sized tomato with really tomato-y flavor!

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/
Old 13-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Pete Sinclair & Julie Lawrence

agh .. me too! i'm pretty sure mine's a viral disease - check out http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

i'm still not sure what to do about mine either ... i know i'll have to pull them
out, but there's these lovely big green tomatoes on them ... agh! i know they
won't grow, but still ... they're my first tomatoes!

you could also try asking the nice folk at http://www.thevegetablepatch.com/
which is a great Brisbane-based site (which is where i am

cheers,
julie