Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2021
Posts: 2
Question Tomato plant diagnosis

Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and expertise can help.
Thank you all
Attached Thumbnails
Tomato plant diagnosis-img-20210511-wa0000.jpg   Tomato plant diagnosis-img-20210511-wa0001.jpg  

  #2   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2021, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2016
Posts: 68
Default Tomato plant diagnosis

On Wed, 12 May 2021 20:48:39 +0100, squidfest
wrote:


Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+




Sunscald ? just an uneducated guess

https://backgarden.org/tomato-sunscald/

John T.


  #3   Report Post  
Old 14-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2021
Posts: 2
Default Diagnosis

Hi John
Many thanks for your reply. I wish it were the sun. We haven't really had any yet this year. I'm in the cold and grey southwest UK.
  #4   Report Post  
Old 15-05-2021, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Default Tomato plant diagnosis

squidfest wrote:

I wish it were the sun.
We haven't really had any yet this year.


Maybe the pH?
  #5   Report Post  
Old 04-06-2021, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2021
Posts: 1
Default Tomato plant diagnosis

On 5/14/2021 10:56 PM, badgolferman wrote:

Maybe the pH?


Or the acidity of the soil?


  #6   Report Post  
Old 04-06-2021, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Dec 2009
Posts: 330
Default Tomato plant diagnosis

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:30:39 PM UTC-4, squidfest wrote:
Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+



--
squidfest


Try giving them some magnesium sulphate, Epsom Salts. That usually perks up tomatoes.

Paul
  #7   Report Post  
Old 04-06-2021, 12:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Default Tomato plant diagnosis

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:44:12 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:30:39 PM UTC-4, squidfest wrote:
Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+



--
squidfest


Try giving them some magnesium sulphate, Epsom Salts. That usually perks up tomatoes.

Paul



I put some Epsom salts into all my flower or veggie plantings in the
spring.I think it makes a diff.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lawn diagnosis required Bill Stock Gardening 2 03-09-2005 05:33 PM
Plant diagnosis Graham Ramsay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 16-08-2003 01:02 AM
Plant diagnosis Graham Ramsay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 14-08-2003 09:14 PM
Diagnosis/Cure for Tomato Disease Fleemo Gardening 1 29-04-2003 08:20 PM
Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please skg Gardening 2 14-04-2003 07:08 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017