Old 28-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Shane

Default Planting this late?

I have not been able to get my garden tilled due to all the rain. Is it too
late to plant from seed in North Carolina?
To get tons of great recipes, goto http://hop.clickbank.net/?kani73/vjjepub

http://hop.clickbank.net/hop.cgi?kani73/healthe2 Website that caters to busy
people who want to live a healthy lifestyle! Recipes, snacks, fitness tips and
more.

Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Jan Flora

In article ,
adjunk (Shane) wrote:

I have not been able to get my garden tilled due to all the rain. Is it too
late to plant from seed in North Carolina?
To get tons of great recipes, goto
http://hop.clickbank.net/?kani73/vjjepub

http://hop.clickbank.net/hop.cgi?kani73/healthe2 Website that caters to busy
people who want to live a healthy lifestyle! Recipes, snacks, fitness tips and
more.

We're just planting now in Alaska and we have a 60-90 day growing season.
Go for it!

Jan
Old 28-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Fsplink

In article ,
says...
In article ,
adjunk (Shane) wrote:

I have not been able to get my garden tilled due to all the rain. Is it too
late to plant from seed in North Carolina?
To get tons of great recipes, goto
http://hop.clickbank.net/?kani73/vjjepub

http://hop.clickbank.net/hop.cgi?kani73/healthe2 Website that caters to busy
people who want to live a healthy lifestyle! Recipes, snacks, fitness tips and
more.

We're just planting now in Alaska and we have a 60-90 day growing season.
Go for it!

Jan

I planted about 3 weeks ago and nothing is coming up. I think all the
rain must have washed the seed away or something! I'm gonna try to find
some plants to plant. I'm in Charlotte and they are still calling for
more rain!!!!!
Old 28-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Shane said:

I have not been able to get my garden tilled due to all the rain. Is it too
late to plant from seed in North Carolina?

It would depend on what you are planting. For fall crops, it's still too early. 8^)

I have two plantings of corn left to go in, and all of my squash, and lima beans
just going in. My tomato plants just went in, my peppers and eggplants are
still waiting to go in -- here in Michigan.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 28-05-2003, 01:56 PM
DigitalVinyl

Fsplink wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article ,
adjunk (Shane) wrote:

I have not been able to get my garden tilled due to all the rain. Is it too
late to plant from seed in North Carolina?
To get tons of great recipes, goto
http://hop.clickbank.net/?kani73/vjjepub

http://hop.clickbank.net/hop.cgi?kani73/healthe2 Website that caters to busy
people who want to live a healthy lifestyle! Recipes, snacks, fitness tips and
more.

We're just planting now in Alaska and we have a 60-90 day growing season.
Go for it!

Jan

I planted about 3 weeks ago and nothing is coming up. I think all the
rain must have washed the seed away or something! I'm gonna try to find
some plants to plant. I'm in Charlotte and they are still calling for
more rain!!!!!

I have a couple of no starts here too, planted May 6th thru 9th.
Although some that I have given up on finally showed up in the last
two days. Snapadragons, nasturtiums, a lettuce, basil, and some
carrots all finally showed when I had given up on them. We've had very
few sunny days hear the last weeks. Its either rainy or completely
overcast. The sun peeked out for about an hour yesterday. I think that
stalled some of them.

Like you I've got to decide if I should fill the holes with nursery
plants. Something made off with a young calendula so that's a whole
that will need filling.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Old 29-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Tim B

Go for it. Having seed in the ground is better than not having seed in the
ground. There's a LOT of growing season left too.

Old 29-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Shane

I'm in Charlotte and they are still calling for
more rain!!!!!

Same here. We own a landscaping business and have not been able to cut for
almost 3 weeks. Ouch.

Old 31-05-2003, 04:44 PM
MacTech

I have not been able to get my garden tilled due to all the rain. Is it too
late to plant from seed in North Carolina?

Go for it - plants don't know what date it is. The right soil
temperature and moisture are what you need. Here in Wisconsin, we've
noticed that if we plant early, the ground is simply too cold to have
good germination. So we wait, just put in most of the garden last
weekend, still have 2 more plantings of sweet corn and I've got to get
my pumpkin seedlings in today.

Last week, my brother in law was digging a basement for a new house
and had to stop because there was still frost below 4 feet and that's
on the south side of a hill.

You might want to get a soil thermometer. That'll tell you when it's
time better than the calandar.

Randy

Share the View.
http://ruralroute2.com