Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Mary McHugh

Default Disappointing garden report

The only high spot is that it looks like I'll shortly be inundated with
tomatoes. I've already picked a few and they did NOT disappoint. :-)
Though, with all the rain we're having (northeast), they're all
threatening to split.

The cukes are not getting pollinated completely. I have not one
eggplant despite blossoms. The only peppers I have are the lilacs and
the one California Wonder bell that I bought fully grown. The Thai hot
chiles are producing and the basil looks great.

The zukes are stunted, yellow squash is rallying. No pumpkins at all.

Next year, I'm just hoping for semi-normal weather.

Mary