Old 09-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Rich McCormack

Default asian cucumber

I've never been that sucessful growing cucumbers but decided to try
"Asian Cucumbers" this year. I don't think I've ever seen 'em in the
produce section of my local supermarket before and would like to know
what they look like when they're ready to pick and eat. I did a Google
search using "photos asian cucumbers" for the search words and came up
with lots of links, but they definetly weren't the kind of link I was
looking for. I have two on the vines that are about 12 to 14 inches
long and about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Are they about ready...?

--
Everything that is really great and inspiring is created
by the individual who can labor in freedom.

-- Albert Einstein

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA)

Who is Rich McCormack? Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/

Old 10-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Rich McCormack

wrote:

... I have two on the vines that are about 12 to 14 inches
long and about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Are they about ready...?

Yep.

So...on that advice I picked one and made a Thai style cucumber
and onion salad with crushed red chiles and champagne vinegar.
Very tasty...and colorful. The Asian cucumber, or at least the
ones I'm growing, have a definite green tinge to the inside flesh,
unlike the white to very pale green I'm used to. Thanks...

Rich

--
Everything that is really great and inspiring is created
by the individual who can labor in freedom.

-- Albert Einstein

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA)

Who is Rich McCormack? Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/

Add'l Thoughts on Asian Lady Bugs... highcastle Lawns 2 08-10-2003 04:12 PM
Bare root asian pear fruiting in first year John Smith Edible Gardening 3 18-07-2003 03:42 AM
Asian Mayapples Ann Gardening 9 22-05-2003 09:32 PM
Asian Water Spinach? H8That Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 06:15 AM
Asian Pear in WA. Where to Buy? Kenneth D. Schillinger Edible Gardening 1 01-04-2003 05:32 AM