Old 29-08-2003, 05:32 PM
JDG

Default Plants that won't bloom

I moved into a new house about four years ago and brought with me a quince
tree, some grape vines, and a lilac bush (among other plants). Although
these plants bloomed/bore fruit at my old house, the grape and quince have
never bloomed/bore fruit since the move and the lilac bloomed in prior
years, but nothing this year. Plants seem healthy and I haven't used any
chemicals on them. They are in different parts of the yard and should be
getting enough sun, water, etc. Something in common going on here? Any
thoughts or suggestions?

Jeff
Seattle, Washington

Old 29-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Jim W

JDG wrote:

I moved into a new house about four years ago and brought with me a quince
tree, some grape vines, and a lilac bush (among other plants). Although
these plants bloomed/bore fruit at my old house, the grape and quince have
never bloomed/bore fruit since the move and the lilac bloomed in prior
years, but nothing this year. Plants seem healthy and I haven't used any
chemicals on them. They are in different parts of the yard and should be
getting enough sun, water, etc. Something in common going on here? Any
thoughts or suggestions?

Jeff
Seattle, Washington

Grape and quince may take a while to settle in is my guess. Is the soil
significantly different from where you moved from? Are you over
feeding/watering them etc..? Is the position/aspect different to your
last yard than before?

//
Jim
Old 29-08-2003, 10:12 PM
JDG

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g0gv2r.4np12ltnt10bN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
JDG wrote:

[...]

The move was less than a mile from the old house and soil here is better.
They may be getting a little more shade than before, but everything else is
unchanged. Watering: well, it is Seattle, this year I've been watering
some because its been real dry. Feeding: haven't really fed them anything
and leaf growth looks great. I thought time may cure it too, but it's been
four years and these plants were producing before the move. I'm at a loss.
Could it have something to do with being planted too deep or shallow?

Jeff

Old 29-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Jim W

JDG wrote:

[...]

Tricky one and I'm no super expert on Seattle growth! (Coming from the
UK;-) But plants flower due to cycles or due to inducements by stresses
eg to reproduce for a contiuation of the species. It maybe that they are
not there at the moment..

Good luck anyway.. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this..
//
Jim