Old 22-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Jim Carlock

What about lady bugs, lizards, white (eggs?) stuff on the
bottom of leaves, black (eggs?) stuff on the bottom of
leaves. There are a thousand lizards happily feeding on
all sorts of things out there. I think I've got a lizard farm.

There are a good number of lady bugs out there (I think
I've heard that there are lady bugs and something that
looks like lady bugs). There are a few wasps buzzing
around still. I'm in Tampa, Florida.

The cucumber vines seem to be doing quite well. The
leaves seem to die after a couple months, and the vine
continues to grow with fresh new leaves blooming at
the far end of the vine.

I noticed one cucumber a couple months ago, was
the first cucumber I grew, that developed a hole in
the bottom of the cucumber. I pulled it off the vine at
that time as I wasn't sure when to pull it off. I cut it
open and didn't see any bugs inside... would that be
a borer that dug about 1 to 2 inches into it, a nice
tunnel?

And I'm curious if anyone knows anything about lady
bugs (and the bug that's not a "lady" bug)?

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.