Old 24-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Pepper Follies

I had dinner with my family on Friday night. My sister, who I
am slowly turning into a pepper geek, brought some pepper
poppers and some stuffed peppers. Neither my parents or
the visiting aunt like very hot peppers. They would be a
mild on the Old El Paso scale. In fact, they think the mild stuff
is pretty darn spicy.

So, as she was assuring them that none of the peppers were hot,
and it was safe for them to try some, I picked up a Grenada
Seasoning popper, and popped it into my mouth. It was tasty,
but it seemed a little hotter than I expect a Grenada Seasoning
pepper to taste.

Then the full heat hit.

I gasped, my eyes started watering, my face got red, and my
nose ran. My aunt leaned over and asked if I was choking.
I grabbed a piece of bread and bit it, grabbed my father's glass
of milk and drank some, grabbed a glass of wine and tried that.
Back to the bread, and by now everyone else at the table was
doubled over laughing. I wiped the sweat off of my face and
glared balefully, to no effect.

More bread, more milk, more wine, and the pain finally started to
recede. My aunt and my mother both declared loudly that if those
peppers could do that to me, they weren't going near them. My
sister protested that Grenada Seasoning peppers weren't that
hot, that we call them the "girlie" peppers they're so mild. I
gave her a dirty look, and she, a little shame-faced, asked "do
you think I got some Devil's Tongue peppers mixed up in there?"

Um...yeah!

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 24-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Ken Anderson

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message

Then the full heat hit.

I gasped, my eyes started watering, my face got red, and my
nose ran.

Penelope

That, and for me anyhow, I know they're scorchers when my molars go numb and
my ears start ringing. That's just TOO hot!

Old 24-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Ken Anderson" wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message

Then the full heat hit.

I gasped, my eyes started watering, my face got red, and my
nose ran.

Penelope

That, and for me anyhow, I know they're scorchers when my molars go numb and
my ears start ringing. That's just TOO hot!

Sounds like the story I read on one of the lists about they guy that
thought it'd be funny to put Wasabi on the potluck table and tell people
it was guacamole. ;-)

One guy got his revenge tho'...

A few months later, they were passing bottles around while standing
around a campfire. He got out a bottle of grain alcohol, (195 proof
everclear) and pretended to take a big swig. He then passed it to the
moron that had pulled the wasabi joke and he DID take a bit swig!

lol Had a sore throat the whole next day.

I was LMAO when I read that!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 25-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:00:57 -0500, Katra
wrote:

"Ken Anderson" wrote:
"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message

Then the full heat hit.

I gasped, my eyes started watering, my face got red, and my
nose ran.

That, and for me anyhow, I know they're scorchers when my molars go numb and
my ears start ringing. That's just TOO hot!

Sounds like the story I read on one of the lists about they guy that
thought it'd be funny to put Wasabi on the potluck table and tell people
it was guacamole. ;-)

Um, just to clarify, she really didn't realize she had mixed the
hotties with the mild stuff. My sister would *never* do that to
my mother, and my mother would have been serving herself
from the same bunch of poppers that I did.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"

Old 25-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Katra

wrote:

"Ken Anderson" wrote:
"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message

Then the full heat hit.

I gasped, my eyes started watering, my face got red, and my
nose ran.

That, and for me anyhow, I know they're scorchers when my molars go numb
and
my ears start ringing. That's just TOO hot!

Sounds like the story I read on one of the lists about they guy that
thought it'd be funny to put Wasabi on the potluck table and tell people
it was guacamole. ;-)

Um, just to clarify, she really didn't realize she had mixed the
hotties with the mild stuff. My sister would *never* do that to
my mother, and my mother would have been serving herself
from the same bunch of poppers that I did.

Penelope

Sorry, I understand it was not deliberate and I apologize if I gave that
impression...

It's just that both correlate as "unexpected surprises". ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...