Old 07-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Puckdropper

Default Growing Tomato plants, anyone?

I got tired of not having any good tomatoes to eat, and have decided to
grow my own indoors. I got the seeds out of a plant we had outside, and
planted 2 seeds. Since it took so long to start growing, I thought the
seeds were duds and so I planted more incase they all were duds.

They're really taking off! Anyone in Northeast Indiana (this is a live
plant we're talking about) interested in a couple just starting tomato
plants? These are one of the sandwhich types, celebrity, I think.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:15 AM
Puckdropper

Thomas wrote:
These are one of the sandwich types, celebrity, I think

are those determinates or indeterminates?
Just my curious side coming out.
Thomas

I have no idea what you're talking about... By sandwich type I mean it's
big enough to put on a sandwich or hamburger and have a slice cover most
of the bread/bun.

Puckdropper

Old 09-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Katra

In article J3Std.3157$N%6.1696@trnddc05, Puckdropper
wrote:

Thomas wrote:
These are one of the sandwich types, celebrity, I think

are those determinates or indeterminates?
Just my curious side coming out.
Thomas

I have no idea what you're talking about... By sandwich type I mean it's
big enough to put on a sandwich or hamburger and have a slice cover most
of the bread/bun.

Puckdropper

Ah, Beefsteak tomatoes... ;-)
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Old 09-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Daniel Prince

Puckdropper wrote:

Thomas wrote:

are those determinates or indeterminates?

I have no idea what you're talking about...

A determinate tomato stops growing when it gets to a certain size.
An indeterminate never stops growing until it dies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Puckdropper

A determinate tomato stops growing when it gets to a certain size.
An indeterminate never stops growing until it dies.

So basically, a determinate tomato will grow to a specific size, ripen,
and then you eat it. (Are Romas like this? The ones that cross
pollonated grew quite large.)

Puckdropper

Old 11-12-2004, 01:41 PM
The Cook

Puckdropper wrote:

A determinate tomato stops growing when it gets to a certain size.
An indeterminate never stops growing until it dies.

So basically, a determinate tomato will grow to a specific size, ripen,
and then you eat it. (Are Romas like this? The ones that cross
pollonated grew quite large.)

Puckdropper

No. It means that the tomato PLANT grows to a certain size, It tends
to set most of its fruit at one time. Useful for commercial growers.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

Old 12-12-2004, 12:34 AM
someone

Thomas scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
I got the seeds out of a plant we had outside, and

planted 2 seeds.

These are one of the sandwich types, celebrity, I think

lmfao
One of the "sandwich types"
are those determinates or indeterminates?
Just my curious side coming out.
Thomas

'Celebrity' is determinate. Out of interest, why are you 'lmfao'?

s.

Old 22-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Glenna Rose

writes:

in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

This reminds me of the cat I had when my husband and I married. Her name
was Baby; she loved to go into paper sacks. My husband would twirl her
around his head for two or three rotations, then let her out. (The first
time I was horrified and asked him to not do it anymore!!!) She would
stagger around for a while, go up to him, rub his leg, then get back in
the sack and look at him until he did it again.

Oddest thing! Baby loved to go for car rides, and he wanted to take her
up in the light plane, which I said absolutely not to, because she would
have likely liked that as well. Even if she did like it, it would have
been horribly unsafe, for us and for those on the ground, if she freaked.

My current in-house cat also loves to get into paper sacks and will hide
in the back peering out. She is the "find any little spot to hide and
watch" cat, loves baskets, purses, etc. She is not, however, the one who
loves the garlic chives. Those chives are not even safe from him outside!

Cats, catnip. This fall, I located two large bird cages to put around
catnip plants so they can be planted in the ground. In the past, they
have been in hanging pots in the apricot tree and are still subject to
getting demolished.g One night I looked outside to see a neighbor's cat
jumping up at the pot trying to get his/her share.

Thanks for your sig line.

Glenna

Old 26-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Daniel Prince

(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:

in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

This reminds me of the cat I had when my husband and I married. Her name
was Baby; she loved to go into paper sacks. My husband would twirl her
around his head for two or three rotations, then let her out. (The first
time I was horrified and asked him to not do it anymore!!!) She would
stagger around for a while, go up to him, rub his leg, then get back in
the sack and look at him until he did it again.

So I gather you changed your mind after you saw how much Baby liked
it. Did your husband tell you how baby trained him to twirl her?

One time I used this sig file:

Sometimes when I play with my cat I make him to go around in a
circle really fast until he gets so dizzy that he can't stand up
anymore. Then I make him to go around in the opposite direction.
I call it winding the cat. I think I wind him too much because the
clock in his stomach runs fast.

Someone accused me of abusing my cat. I had to explain that he
LOVES it.

Cats, catnip. This fall, I located two large bird cages to put around
catnip plants so they can be planted in the ground.

My cat has loved catnip ever since I adopted him when he was three
months old. I have been thinking of growing some cat marijuana for
him but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for your sig line.

You are very welcome.

--
I wonder who is sillier, my cat who takes laundry basket rides
around the house or me who trained him to take laundry basket
Old 26-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Glenna Rose

writes:

So I gather you changed your mind after you saw how much Baby liked
it. Did your husband tell you how baby trained him to twirl her?

Had to change my mind when she loved it so much. How did Baby train him?
Actually, I think she went in the sack and he was being just plain onery,
though the first time, he was quite "gentle" about it. However, when she
went right back in the sack and looked at him, obviously wanted to do it
again, it became quite a game with them which they both enjoyed.

One time I used this sig file:

Sometimes when I play with my cat I make him to go around in a
circle really fast until he gets so dizzy that he can't stand up
anymore. Then I make him to go around in the opposite direction.
I call it winding the cat. I think I wind him too much because the
clock in his stomach runs fast.

Someone accused me of abusing my cat. I had to explain that he
LOVES it.

Sometimes people just don't realize that if the cats were being damaged in
any way, one, we wouldn't do it, and two, if they were, we sure wouldn't
tell anyone!

Besides, if the cat didn't like to go in circles, he/she wouldn't play the
game. Cats are an independent lot.

Cats, catnip. This fall, I located two large bird cages to put around
catnip plants so they can be planted in the ground.

My cat has loved catnip ever since I adopted him when he was three
months old. I have been thinking of growing some cat marijuana for
him but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Oh, you really must, they enjoy it so much. Sometimes, my female will
play with the leaf for several hours before she finally eats it, like
anticipation. g

Glenna

Old 26-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Katra

In article ,
Daniel Prince wrote:

(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:

[...]

That's especially fun to do with a laser pen. ;-)
I've had up to 6 cats chasing the laser dot on the floor, down the hall
and up the wall! lol It's hilarious and they love it!
I've got to get another one. The one I had wore out.

Cats, catnip. This fall, I located two large bird cages to put around
catnip plants so they can be planted in the ground.

My cat has loved catnip ever since I adopted him when he was three
months old. I have been thinking of growing some cat marijuana for
him but haven't gotten around to it yet.

It's cheap and easy!
I had a ton of Catnip come up in the asparagus patch! I suspect there
were seeds mixed in with the soil around those roots. :-) A very happy
accident and the cats just adore the fresh stuff!

Thanks for your sig line.

You are very welcome.

Kitties are special little family members aren't they?