Old 25-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Boboed

How high does this fence need to be? I'll get caught sooner or later
if I keep shooting them and they can do allot of damage before I get a
shot.

Old 26-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Katra

In article ,
Steve Calvin wrote:

Steve Calvin wrote:

JRYezierski wrote:

You live trap woodchucks/groundhogs great.NOW KILL THEM.
You relocate them all you are doing is bringing your problem animal
to someone else.Think about it ,you bring them down the road a ways
release them now you have no problem animal.Now a week later(or
sooner)you end up having more than one woodchuck/groundhog
problem.Why? Your neighbor down the road where you disposed of your
problem animal has now relocated his problem animals to your place.
Its a viscious cycle.
When you live trap a problem animal KILL IT and Bury It do not give
it to ANYONE ELSE.
There are some lethal smoke bombs on the market that are very
effective on controling problem animals when used properly.
DO NOT RELOCATE PROBLEM ANIMALS

Valid points, but not everyone lives in urban areas. I have access to
vast tracts of woods. Take a chill pill.

Oh, and since you're so interested in doing things "right", please don't
TOP POST! Very poor usenet manners to top post.

Unless you are on a binaries group. ;-)
Then it's very common, and necessary!
--
K.
Old 26-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Boron Elgar

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:53:21 -0500, "JRYezierski"
wrote:

You live trap woodchucks/groundhogs great.NOW KILL THEM.
You relocate them all you are doing is bringing your problem animal to
someone else.Think about it ,you bring them down the road a ways release
them now you have no problem animal.Now a week later(or sooner)you end up
having more than one woodchuck/groundhog problem.Why? Your neighbor down the
road where you disposed of your problem animal has now relocated his problem
animals to your place. Its a viscious cycle.
When you live trap a problem animal KILL IT and Bury It do not give it to
ANYONE ELSE.
There are some lethal smoke bombs on the market that are very effective on
controling problem animals when used properly.
DO NOT RELOCATE PROBLEM ANIMALS

What part of your top-posting mind does not understand the words
"unfrequented hiking area?" They'd have a way to go to get to
bothering another homeowner & I am not taking them anywhere where they
do not already exist.

They are not "problem animals" when they are in a remote and partially
wooded location. They can play with their friends there & nibble what
they choose.

Smoke bombs are completely inappropriate to use in a residential area
such as mine and are best suited for pasture or large, open acreage.
Electric fencing would be more effective as a deterrent, but that
surely will send into my neighbors' yards, too, as well as bother my
own pets.

I suppose I'd better load the rifle for the deer, too, rather than set
up fencing, eh?

Boron

Old 26-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Dave Allyn

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:59:34 -0500, Boron Elgar
wrote:
I suppose I'd better load the rifle for the deer, too, rather than set
up fencing, eh?

Just get a permit first!

email: dallyn_spam at yahoo dot com
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!
Old 28-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Boron Elgar

wrote:
I suppose I'd better load the rifle for the deer, too, rather than set
up fencing, eh?

Just get a permit first!

Shucks...you mean the assault rifle I got at the gun show needs a
permit?

Boron

Deer Repellent price is repelling WesD North Carolina 0 15-07-2011 12:46 AM
Repelling Bees [email protected] Ponds 7 09-06-2005 04:37 PM
repelling groundhogs FREDERICK INDICTOR Edible Gardening 0 23-03-2005 05:34 PM
Repelling of groundhogs Indictorfands Edible Gardening 13 22-08-2003 07:32 PM
Repelling skeeters JNJ Gardening 7 16-05-2003 07:32 AM