Old 06-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Loki

Default eating zebra tomatoes

Anyone know what to do with zebra tomatoes? Mmine are a kind of
floury flavoured. I'm not sure if that's the type or the growing
season. I like my tomatoes to have a bit of a bite. And even Roma
tomatoes go sweet when cooked. But these zebras, I dunno whether I
should persevere in seed saving them.

Any hints warmly welcomed.
--
Cheers,

Old 06-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Loki said:

Anyone know what to do with zebra tomatoes? Mmine are a kind of
floury flavoured. I'm not sure if that's the type or the growing
season. I like my tomatoes to have a bit of a bite. And even Roma
tomatoes go sweet when cooked. But these zebras, I dunno whether I
should persevere in seed saving them.

Are these *Green* Zebra tomatoes? I never found them 'floury' or that
bland. (I stopped growing them, though, because they *always*
got blossom end rot, even when no other varieties did.) Perhaps
you are not letting them get completely ripe?

If you are referring to a red/yellow streaked variety, I found most of
the ones I tried to be somewhat bland and even mushy or meally, though
very, very pretty when sliced.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Zebra Grass Mike R United Kingdom 4 25-04-2004 03:04 AM
Snails - Benifit or Pest?////Zebra Snails hurdy gurdy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-08-2003 07:04 PM
zebra-striped catepillars shsnow Edible Gardening 5 13-08-2003 05:03 AM
Zebra Plant Becoming Palm Tree? Chaz Vincent Gardening 0 29-05-2003 05:20 AM
Zebra lost its stripes Dick Marjanovic United Kingdom 4 09-05-2003 09:08 PM