Old 19-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Gary Woods

Default Scape-snipping time!

Finally, a semi-nice day (at least it's not raining) and warmish (above 50)
temps. So I'm happily snipping the scapes off a number of garlic varieties;
the rest will be ready in a week or so. And I'll only hang around people
who like garlic for a while!
For any compulsive types who are following along, my online spreadsheet, in
the .sig below, has been updated.

Yours in bad breath,

Old 19-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Steve Calvin

Gary Woods wrote:

Finally, a semi-nice day (at least it's not raining) and warmish (above 50)
temps. So I'm happily snipping the scapes off a number of garlic varieties;
the rest will be ready in a week or so. And I'll only hang around people
who like garlic for a while!
For any compulsive types who are following along, my online spreadsheet, in
the .sig below, has been updated.

Yours in bad breath,

Cut my scapes about 2 weeks ago. Strange that I'm that much ahead of you
just being about 1 1/2 south of ya.

Used the scapes in salads, made some garlic mashed potatoes, etc. Gonna
be a good crop this year judging from the taste of the scapes. :-)

--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?
Old 20-06-2005, 02:22 AM
James

Harvested my elephant garlic today. It's a bit late and some already
started splitting. Those I allowed to flower are about 2/3 the size of
scape removed ones. I was waiting for the leaves to turn before
harvest but I guess with elephant garlic I should harvest as soon as
the bottom leave turn yellow.

midc-635-willi 'Sea-T-Scape' Willi Garden Photos 3 14-03-2012 03:12 AM
Scape? Steve Peek Edible Gardening 2 24-05-2011 03:08 AM
Snipping Gz Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2011 08:21 PM
Snipping JennyC United Kingdom 13 27-08-2007 01:44 PM
Scape-snipping time in olde New York Gary Woods Edible Gardening 2 18-06-2004 09:03 PM