Old 07-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Le Sigh

I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

I was really loooking forward to trying one of those Wapsipinicon
Peach Tomatos, too.

I probably should have pulled up a yellow current tomato, but it
has so many tomatoes starting to show color, I thought I'd try
and limp it along.

sigh

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 07-07-2005, 08:26 AM
shazzbat

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message
I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

Oh, it's about the blight. I thought from the header you were one of the
prematurely celebrating froggies who had the smiles wiped off their faces in
Singapore yesterday.

London 2012, bring it on. :-))

Steve

Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 PM

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

I was really loooking forward to trying one of those Wapsipinicon
Peach Tomatos, too.

I probably should have pulled up a yellow current tomato, but it
has so many tomatoes starting to show color, I thought I'd try
and limp it along.

sigh

==================
Did you try a preventive spraying program using chlorothalonil AKA
Daconil?
===================

Old 07-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 08:26:37 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote
I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

Oh, it's about the blight. I thought from the header you were one of the
prematurely celebrating froggies who had the smiles wiped off their faces in
Singapore yesterday.

Nope, just a Pepe Le Pew fan.

Penelope, Le meow, le pant, le sigh...

Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Steve Calvin

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Nope, just a Pepe Le Pew fan.

Penelope, Le meow, le pant, le sigh...

You like le skunks madame? ;-)

--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:37:28 -0400, Steve Calvin
wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Nope, just a Pepe Le Pew fan.

Penelope, Le meow, le pant, le sigh...

You like le skunks madame? ;-)

I like le amorous cartoon skunks.

Penelope, less le real pew that way.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

I was really loooking forward to trying one of those Wapsipinicon
Peach Tomatos, too.

I probably should have pulled up a yellow current tomato, but it
has so many tomatoes starting to show color, I thought I'd try
and limp it along.

sigh

Penelope

Greenhouse.......
--
Om.

Old 08-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:51:05 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

I was really loooking forward to trying one of those Wapsipinicon
Peach Tomatos, too.

I probably should have pulled up a yellow current tomato, but it
has so many tomatoes starting to show color, I thought I'd try
and limp it along.

Greenhouse.......

Ah, I could have stewed tomatoes!

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but mostly I wanted to
whine some to someone who wouldn't look at me strangely when I
nattered on about things like blights and Brandywines.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 08-07-2005, 12:59 PM
The Cook

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from
Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

I was really loooking forward to trying one of those Wapsipinicon
Peach Tomatos, too.

I probably should have pulled up a yellow current tomato, but it
has so many tomatoes starting to show color, I thought I'd try
and limp it along.

sigh

Penelope

I am on my way out to pick all the mature tomatoes before they split.
We had 3.5" of rain yesterday.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

Old 08-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:59:10 -0400, The Cook
wrote:

I am on my way out to pick all the mature tomatoes before they split.
We had 3.5" of rain yesterday.

Wow, that's a lot! Was it Tropical Storm Cindy?

I hate to wish bad weather on anyone, but I'm really hoping Dennis
stays west of South Carolina.

Penelope
Old 08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
The Cook

wrote:

I am on my way out to pick all the mature tomatoes before they split.
We had 3.5" of rain yesterday.

Wow, that's a lot! Was it Tropical Storm Cindy?

I hate to wish bad weather on anyone, but I'm really hoping Dennis
stays west of South Carolina.

Penelope

Yes. I am in NC due north of Charlotte. I also hope Dennis stays
west or just out of here.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Pan Ohco

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:23:20 -0400, Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

I hate to wish bad weather on anyone, but I'm really hoping Dennis
stays west of South Carolina.

Penelope

Well according to the news right now (1:14 P.M.) it will be coming in
on the border of Al. and Fla. panhandle.

Too dam close to me. I still haven't finished cleaning up after Ivan.

Pan Ohco

Old 09-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

We have had a very dry summer and it looks like we will get some of Dennis rain here in Arkansas. I don't want to see anyone have any damage but I sure do need the rain here. I have been having to water my gardens too much.

Sigh Gwenhyffar Milgi United Kingdom 15 28-06-2004 04:09 PM
Sigh Gwenhyffar Milgi United Kingdom 13 27-06-2004 07:04 PM
**sigh** *muffin* Ponds 1 20-07-2003 06:22 PM
Yet another algea question... (sigh) Mathias Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:08 AM
*sigh* My Poor Blue Girls... Susan H. Simko Roses 0 11-04-2003 03:08 PM