Old 24-07-2005, 01:10 AM

Default okra

Has anyone tried to dry okra? What is the best way to preserve okra?

Old 24-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Dwayne

I like to can it. The recipe for canning it is easy and when you rinse it a
few times after opening the jar, you can use it in gumbo or fried without
the slime. Send me your e-mail address if you would like a copy of my
recipe.

Dwayne

wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone tried to dry okra? What is the best way to preserve okra?

Old 24-07-2005, 08:34 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
" wrote:

Has anyone tried to dry okra? What is the best way to preserve okra?

I've allowed it to mature, then dried it and gathered the seeds.
They are fantatic eaten as a boiled grain IMHO!

I understand that canning or pickling is most suitable (or
blanching/freezing).

Cheers!
--
Om.