Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Bigs

Default Algae on plants and have no idea what it is.

Hi,

I have searched the web trying to find the type of algae I have. Not
successful. I think I got if from getting free hornwort from a LFS.
But, stupid me I did not know about the bleaching to get rid of it.
It's a black string that grows like a tree branch. It grows on my live
plants and my ornaments, does not seem to affect my filter or my glass.
My otto does not seem to eat it either. I'm thinking it's algae from a
pond because that's where he grabbed the hornwort. I'm thinking it's
Staghorn algae but it's seems black and not green like I have read.

Should I do a 25% bleach solution and dip them in? How long should I
dip them?

Thanks.

Marc