Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Da' Fishboy

Default CO2 manifold for multiple tank set up.

I am in the process of building a fish room in my garage. I have homemade a
few tanks stand to hold my collection of 29gal and 20gal tanks. These tanks
are on the top of the stands with a lower shelf that I have been stacking
10gal tanks side to side instead of lengthwise. On the underside of the top
shelf I am installing 55w compact fluorescent lights with AHS' reflectors
ove the 10 gal tanks.

I want to inject CO2 into all these tanks but I would rather not buy a CO2
bottle and regulator of each tank. Is there a CO2 manifold i could use or
is a standard gang value going to work ok?

Thanx in advance,

Earl

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Dave Millman

Da' Fishboy wrote:

I want to inject CO2 into all these tanks but I would rather not buy a CO2
bottle and regulator of each tank. Is there a CO2 manifold i could use or
is a standard gang value going to work ok?

Aquabotanic has something.

http://www.aquabotanic.com/co2accessories.html

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Aqua

Search here
http://www.rapidswholesale.net/Merch...t.mv?#redirect

Or you will find from this catalog
http://catalogs.google.com/catalogs?...f&issue=10927&
catpage=21

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Cannibul

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:33:41 -0800, "Da' Fishboy"
wrote:

I am in the process of building a fish room in my garage. I have homemade a
few tanks stand to hold my collection of 29gal and 20gal tanks. These tanks
are on the top of the stands with a lower shelf that I have been stacking
10gal tanks side to side instead of lengthwise. On the underside of the top
shelf I am installing 55w compact fluorescent lights with AHS' reflectors
ove the 10 gal tanks.

I want to inject CO2 into all these tanks but I would rather not buy a CO2
bottle and regulator of each tank. Is there a CO2 manifold i could use or
is a standard gang value going to work ok?

Thanx in advance,

Earl

How many tanks are we talking about here? I know that Clippard has a
new manifold that their needle valves screw right into. I have held
the little beast and it is awesome.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Jeff Ludwig

How many tanks are we talking about here? I know that Clippard has a
new manifold that their needle valves screw right into. I have held
the little beast and it is awesome.

You can also build your own... my regulator takes a 1/4" male, I then use a
1/4" to 1/8" adaptor to fit the clippard so you could do something like
this:

Regulator

1/4" Tee -1/4" to 1/8" bushing - needle valve

1/4" Tee - 1/4" to 1/8" bushing - needle valve
1/4" elbow 1/4" to 1/8" bushing - needle valve

Tom Barr posted some pictures some time ago with a setup like this.

Cheers,
Jeff Ludwig

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM

Tom Barr posted some pictures some time ago with a setup like this.

Cheers,
Jeff Ludwig

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...709&uid=536313

See reg with manifold. Sorry for those ugly green pictures mixed in.
Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Da' Fishboy

I am hoping to have at least 6 10gal, 3 29gal, 3 20gal and a 33gal tank.
Not all of these tanks will have heavy plantings but I have found that I can
get my Sterbia and Angels to breed more readly with CO2 injection.

Thanks for all the replies so far...

Earl

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Yes there Is I have a 6 way hex manifold that fits on co2 tanks. I
can send you pictures if you want. I will sell it for $ 55 It can
attached to the outlet of our CO2 System and there are 6 outlets with
6 individual Needle Valves for multiple aquariums and Kalkreaktors
control.

Marcus

Http://www.Aquatic-Store.com

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM

"Da' Fishboy" wrote in message ...
I am hoping to have at least 6 10gal, 3 29gal, 3 20gal and a 33gal tank.
Not all of these tanks will have heavy plantings but I have found that I can
get my Sterbia and Angels to breed more readly with CO2 injection.

Eral, you can get very nice valves for 10$ each from www.clippard.com
under the 4 series valves 1/8" barbed, threaded. Ask for the 1/8"
adaptor for it. Shopping is the same if you buy one or 13 so get as
many as you need.
1/8th brass fittings can be found at Home Depot.

These are not glorified gang plastic crappy valves, those don't work
for this application. These valves do.

Most places sell the same thing or something close for 20-30$ ea.
A regulator should be pretty cheap etc, www.kegworks.com run about 52$
etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr
The gas tank itself will the most expensive item. Get a 20lb or a
10lbs range used if possible somewhere.