Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Sergey Politaev

Default anubias nana identification

"redled" wrote in message
I have bought some anubias nana about a month ago, but now I am not so

sure
that is in fact what I thought it was. The plant is so far staying quite
small, like anubias nana should, but the leaves are a little more

elongated
than I see in most pictures, and just a little bit "wavy."

There are several forms and hybrids among "nanaformes", this particular
looks like A. "nangi" - cross between A. nana and A. giletii.
--
~SP~
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
redled

In article , "Sergey Politaev" wrote:
"redled" wrote in message
a...
I have bought some anubias nana about a month ago, but now I am not so

sure
that is in fact what I thought it was. The plant is so far staying quite
small, like anubias nana should, but the leaves are a little more

elongated
than I see in most pictures, and just a little bit "wavy."

There are several forms and hybrids among "nanaformes", this particular
looks like A. "nangi" - cross between A. nana and A. giletii.

I now think it is some variety of cryptocoryne wendtii. It's been in for
quite some time now and is propagating rapidly but is staying small, so I'm
still happy with it. In fact, it's good because it would've taken many months
or lots of money to get enough anubias nana for the look I'm after.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John
Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Sergey Politaev

"redled" wrote in message

I have bought some anubias nana about a month ago,

There are several forms and hybrids among "nanaformes", this particular
looks like A. "nangi" - cross between A. nana and A. giletii.

I now think it is some variety of cryptocoryne wendtii.

But it's surely impossible to mix this two up - nothing in common (just the
same color:-)
OK, does it have a kind of a stem with leaves one by one along it, or
rosette-like crown?
Does it rigid enough to keep the shape being "ashore", or its leaves
demonstrate the presence of gravitation pointing downwards?
--
~SP~
If you woke up breathing, congratulations!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
redled

In article , "Sergey Politaev" wrote:
"redled" wrote in message
a...

I have bought some anubias nana about a month ago,

There are several forms and hybrids among "nanaformes", this particular
looks like A. "nangi" - cross between A. nana and A. giletii.

I now think it is some variety of cryptocoryne wendtii.

But it's surely impossible to mix this two up - nothing in common (just the
same color:-)
OK, does it have a kind of a stem with leaves one by one along it, or
rosette-like crown?
Does it rigid enough to keep the shape being "ashore", or its leaves
demonstrate the presence of gravitation pointing downwards?

Goes downwards. Doesn't have a rhizome. It does look knda similar when very
small, like when I bought it, but not really. It was mislabeled, and I didn't
know better.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John