Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Bob Alston

Default can most plants be pruned then replanted?

You can pretty much trim and replant the tops of stem plants. For sure the
hygro. but not the crypts. but they will reproduce by runners.

Bob
"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
a...
btw, the one I thought was a green wendtii cryp is actually rather a
cryptocoryne undulata:
http://www.bastmeijer.freestart.nl/G.../und/und_k.jpg because it has a
lot of the redder leaves.

The one with red underside leaves is most likely a Alternanthera reinecki
"lilacina", Ludwigia glandulosa "perennis", or a "roseafolia", but that

has
very long narrow leaves right? Anyways I heard
the lilacina is purrty hard to grow. True?

ps, will post pics soon.

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
I've just gotten a pile of plants in my aqarium now from the LFS. I'm

not
too sure of the names of them but I have done some research on google

and
think that I might have these: Dwarf Hygrophila (Indian water star),

Dwarf
Rotala, Red ludwigia?(Looks like a ludwigia except that it has mainly

green
leaves and they slowly fade to red towards the tops of the stems), then

have this other stem plant with long green leaves that have a vibrant

purple
red undersides??

Can any of these be pruned and then replanted? I have pruned (cut just

above
the stem after leaf sprouts) the hygro, red ludwigia, and the

red-underside
leaved plant and have planted the stems (I didn't bury any leaves).

I will post pictures of my aquarium early next week so you can help

identify
my new plants. Beside the new plants I already have a dwarf anubias,

java
fern, and green wendtii cryp??--not sure.

Thanx!!
Dave.

Rose Tree Replanted Query Jewels United Kingdom 5 10-05-2007 12:35 PM
Can fir tree be pruned in late spring? Rebecca[_2_] Gardening 2 02-05-2007 09:32 PM
Iris replanted Starlord Garden Photos 22 11-02-2007 07:15 PM
Do capsicums seeds need to be replanted? Terry Collins Australia 0 17-02-2005 04:06 AM
How drastically can a climbing rose be pruned? Martin C United Kingdom 8 06-04-2004 09:44 PM