Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-08-2003, 01:22 AM
LeighMo

Default What's the trick with cabomba?

The original poster has 30W on a 15g, which sounds like pretty low
light to me. I don't know what kind of lighting is on your
"moderate-light" tank, but I suspect that it's much better-lit than
that.

Nah. I have 2.4 watts per gallon on a 29 gallon tank. No CO2, and not a speck
of algae. A 29 gallon tank is much higher than a 15g, so I bet he's got more
light than me, from a plant's POV. Especially since my bulb is really old.

However, I do agree that Limnophila is much easier to keep. I particularly
like Limnophila indica. It turns a nice red-yellow under high light, a
striking lime green under moderate light. Fast grower, that stays attractive
and bushy even if you top it.

Leigh