Old 28-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Ryan H.

Default Tank Height

For several years I've had a 20in tall 75G tank. I am going to
replace my tank soon and was thinking about going with a 24in tall
tank. Is anyone else using a 24in tall tank? I know that the light
hitting the bottom would be weaker as a result. I am already running
200W PC lights which I think would be enough, but I am willing to
increase if necessary. My bigger concern is being able to reach in
and replant when needed, etc. From what I can tell it should work for
me but it is a bit of a stretch.

Anyone here have a 24in. tall tank? Good or bad experience?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 28-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Happy'Cam'per

Buy yourself some goggles and a snorkle, looks like you're going to need it

Old 28-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Toni

"Ryan H." wrote in message
om...

Anyone here have a 24in. tall tank? Good or bad experience?

Whe I first set mine up I threw a shoulder out from reaching so hard, and
I'm a tall (5'10") woman.
Get a stool to stand on, a good set of aquarium planting tools, stock up on
tank tops g, and stop using underarm deodorant.

Seriously- the tool set I bought made the biggest difference.
Both Aqua Botanic and Florida Driftwood carry them.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Old 29-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Sidney

I've seen and admired a 31 inch tall LeeMar tank. Boy what a beauty!

A good step ladder and some tools would be required in a planted tank that
tall but, IMHO, it would be worth the effort.

Sid

om...

Old 29-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Ryan H.

"Sidney" wrote in message news:LbFnb.45116$hp5.31005@fed1read04...
I've seen and admired a 31 inch tall LeeMar tank. Boy what a beauty!

A good step ladder and some tools would be required in a planted tank that
tall but, IMHO, it would be worth the effort.

Sid

Exactly what I was thinking - it just looks so nice. I'll limit
myself to 24in. as that is still somewhat manageable. Thanks for the
response everyone, it seems as though nobody has any real problems,
just a little step ladder or tools are sometimes required. I think it
would be worth it as I don't reach down to the very bottom that often
anyway. It might also extend the time between pruinings.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 29-10-2003, 08:13 AM
JazzyB!

I have a new hex tank that is 24 inches deep. It's still new in that I
haven't added any new plants, rocks, etc. but as others said one has to be
careful.
"Ryan H." wrote in message
om...

Old 31-10-2003, 05:32 PM
gizmo

This is a very good experience!
If your goal is planted tank ,24in is ideal. Just make sure you use good
lightning.
I have a 24in tall tank - and I am quite tall myself and still use a small
footstool....
Go for it.

gizmo

om...