Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-12-2003, 02:33 AM
WILLIAM VINCENT

Default slow/no growth

I know, I know, we see this post all the time, but I am truly stumped.
Everything seems fine, but the growth is pathetic. Even the hornwort is
growing for krap. The anubias and swords look horrible, appear to be very
slowly approaching the clearing at the end of the path.

75 gallon, lightly planted, heavy bio-load.
gravel sub
eheim pro 2320
java fern
java moss
couple swords
half-dozen or so anubias

6 adult tiger barbs
3 medium angels
2 dozen danio
dozen or so various small tetra
5 SAE
1 small red tail shark
1 pang. cat
4 smallish clowns
couple other hangers-on

temp 78f
ph 7
am 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20-25ppm
gh 5-6
kh 3
light is currently 2x40
Lighting is generally 4x40, but a friend of mine has a 55 long with a few
swords and about 30 watts, and his swords look fantastic. I'm experimenting.
I shut off the second bank a month ago, and the plants haven't responded one
way or another.

Anyone help me out? I have 3 tanks with plants, and this is the only one I'm
having difficulties with. TIA

--
--------
Billy