Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Dacaprice

Default CO2 problems

Ok.... so far everything I have read about a DIY CO2 setup is very
similar. I opted to by the Nutrafin system... but with the packets
they sold me I was getting nothing. I think the yeast was dead.
Regardless, I re-made my own mixture with yeast and baking soda using
the same measurements that come in the packets. I finally got
bubbles, but they only lasted a couple hours then nothing. I then
removed the Nutrafin canister and used a 1 gallon juice bottle,
increased the amounts of everything and presto... great bubbles. But
again it only lasted a couple hours. What is going on!?!?!? It is
very frustrating. I have soft water here; we have a water softener in
our home. Does that make a difference? Should I try a different
brand of yeast? Right now I am using Red Start Active dry yeast which
was just what was at the local supermarket. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.