Old 16-07-2007, 09:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Another great link

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
A friend in Australia sent me the link to this beautiful shawl, and I just
had to share it with you! I think I might have to buy the pattern ;)

I'm just back from knitting camp and will send a full report later - I'm
still recovering from the hours going through security and "hurry up and
wait" at the airport..... bleh.

http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2007/02/hanami.html

Shelagh

Oh that's nice - but how many shawls do we need?

:-(

Mary

Old 16-07-2007, 09:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
A friend in Australia sent me the link to this beautiful shawl, and I just
had to share it with you! I think I might have to buy the pattern ;)

I'm just back from knitting camp and will send a full report later - I'm
still recovering from the hours going through security and "hurry up and
wait" at the airport..... bleh.

http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2007/02/hanami.html

Shelagh

Oh that's nice - but how many shawls do we need?

:-(

Mary

Sorry, I don't know how that got here but it shouldn't have!

Mary

Old 16-07-2007, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default mirjam Another great link

Thanks for asking, Mirjam. Here's a small sample of my baskets.
Most are woven of heart of cane, but some are from split oak, ash, etc.
I also love to weave Nantucket style baskets which are woven on
a mold using (the outside of) cane.

Old 17-07-2007, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Basketweaver" expounded:

Thanks for asking, Mirjam. Here's a small sample of my baskets.
Most are woven of heart of cane, but some are from split oak, ash, etc.
I also love to weave Nantucket style baskets which are woven on
a mold using (the outside of) cane.

Wow, those are awesome! I wove a couple baskets once, it was fun -
but I already have too many hobbies )
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 17-07-2007, 03:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default ANN Another great link

Thanks!

I totally understand, Ann, as I do as well. I weave only a few times
per year. I go to a basket convention each spring where I weave
three or four baskets. Boy, the fingers ache and the manicure
really suffer from so much weaving and having my hands in water
all weekend.

What are some of your hobbies?

"Basketweaver" expounded:

Old 17-07-2007, 11:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Basketweaver" expounded:

I totally understand, Ann, as I do as well. I weave only a few times
per year. I go to a basket convention each spring where I weave
three or four baskets. Boy, the fingers ache and the manicure
really suffer from so much weaving and having my hands in water
all weekend.

Basket conventions - that sounds interesting, I'll have to google it.
Where in general are they located?

What are some of your hobbies?

Gardening is my passion, but I'm also into anything nature, camping,
hiking, etc. I used to do counted cross-stitch, now that I have more
time on my hands I'll have to take it up again.

Now, back to garden pictures!

The front garden (with the raised beds) is in its last year. I'm
going to dismantle it and turn it into a more formal herb garden. I'm
going to leave the border in place, get rid of the grass between the
beds and border the large rectangle somehow. There will be a focal
point in the center, I'm hoping for a fountain, but a sundial may have
to do for a bit due to funds.

The back veggie garden will gain about 12 more feet to compensate for
the loss of the front. The whole backyard is still a work in
progress, someday I'll have lawn again back there, along with a
greenhouse.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

Attached Thumbnails
Re: Another great link-front.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (155.9 KB, 83 views)
Old 17-07-2007, 02:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I've been a member of North Carolina Basketmakers' Assoc. and
gone to convention for ten years. It's a huge event. I also, sometimes
go to their Fall Retreat. Here's a link to their site:
http://www.ncbasketmakers.com/index.html
If you click on Events, you'll find links to other basket weaving
associations and events.

Sound like a huge gardening project. Thanks for sharing the photos.
I love the way it looks but look forward to seeing photos after you've
revamped it.

"Basketweaver" expounded:

Old 17-07-2007, 03:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:16:04 -0400, Ann wrote:

"Basketweaver" expounded:

[...]

Love these pictures. Thanks

Old 17-07-2007, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default ANN Another great link - from-corner.jpg

What a lovely home and gorgeous garden you have, Ann. I can't
believe you're going to tear out all this and start afresh! So sorry
about your kitty. Hope you don't mind, I'd like to share your
photo with my sisters who are so into gardening (much more
than I). Pam

"Ann" wrote in message
Charlie expounded:

Nice, Ann. Thanks for sharing. I really like the garden *and* the
neighborhood, what I can see.

Yea, that's a great shot of my neighbors' houses! G I usually take
a picture from the front corner of the garden towards the house every
year, here is this year's.

"and I gotta peaceful, easy feeling"

"Our house, is a very, very fine house" )

The two cats are inside, though. My garden cat died on that road out
front ( Never again.

Old 17-07-2007, 11:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Basketweaver" expounded:

What a lovely home and gorgeous garden you have, Ann. I can't
believe you're going to tear out all this and start afresh! So sorry
about your kitty. Hope you don't mind, I'd like to share your
photo with my sisters who are so into gardening (much more
than I). Pam

Go right ahead, Pam. And what I'm tearing out are the raised beds,
which are veggies - annuals, except for one that has herbs in it. The
borders will stay. Right now the beds have 3' paths between them,
that's lots of wasted space. I want a more formal herb garden, with
smaller paths and a focal point, but knowing the way my gardens go,
it'll be as wild looking as this one G
Old 18-07-2007, 01:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:03:45 -0400, Ann wrote:

Charlie expounded:

Nice, Ann. Thanks for sharing. I really like the garden *and* the
neighborhood, what I can see.

Yea, that's a great shot of my neighbors' houses! G I usually take
a picture from the front corner of the garden towards the house every
year, here is this year's.

"and I gotta peaceful, easy feeling"

"Our house, is a very, very fine house" )

The two cats are inside, though. My garden cat died on that road out
front ( Never again.

So sorry about your kitty. Ours has not been out of the house since we
got her almost 6 years ago. The vet comes here. She has not even
ventured to the deck on our second floor. Pure love is our kitty.
I have some of your other photos of your lovely place and this one is
just wonderful as you must be too.
joevan
Old 18-07-2007, 02:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

joevan expounded:

So sorry about your kitty. Ours has not been out of the house since we
got her almost 6 years ago. The vet comes here. She has not even
ventured to the deck on our second floor. Pure love is our kitty.

Evan came to me an outdoor kitty, I tried to keep him in, but he would
have none of it. I had him for seven years (he was about four when he
came here). He got too brazen with the road, he was streetwise, but I
think he was having a few senior moments - and it got the best of him.
Our two new brothers will stay indoors.

I have some of your other photos of your lovely place and this one is
just wonderful as you must be too.

Oh, thank you, you are truly too kind!
Old 18-07-2007, 06:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks, Ann. I'm sure it will be lovely whichever way
it turns out.

[IMG] code is On

Great link on apple tree maintenance zxcvbob Edible Gardening 2 04-09-2004 06:52 AM
another, better link Al Atzert Lawns 0 26-02-2004 04:09 PM
another, better link Al Atzert Lawns 0 26-02-2004 03:34 PM
another, better link Al Atzert Lawns 0 26-02-2004 03:34 PM
Any one know a link to calculate a weir width for a fall I can't find my link. Mickey Ponds 2 16-08-2003 03:22 PM