Old 15-05-2008, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Exbury Gardens

Attached Thumbnails
Exbury Gardens-exbury-garden-14.5.2008-00002.jpg
Old 15-05-2008, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:32:15 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?
Old 15-05-2008, 06:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" posted

Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

Steam trains, yes. We live near a main rail line and get Steam Trains going
past, a few each week.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 15-05-2008, 07:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:34:48 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" posted

Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

Steam trains, yes. We live near a main rail line and get Steam Trains going
past, a few each week.

When I was a wee lad and was visiting my Grandfather in the low hills
of Virginia above Richmond, I would make the rounds of the sawmill
with him which was just by the rail tracks. I remember the beds
trembling when the big locomotives steamed by.
Lucky you. Something to treasure each week.
I guess the time as a 5 or 6 year old stuck with me and to this day I
admire them.
Old 15-05-2008, 08:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"joevan" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" posted

Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

Steam trains, yes. We live near a main rail line and get Steam Trains
going past, a few each week.

?

I didn't know any steam locomotives were on main lines any more.

Mary

Old 15-05-2008, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"joevan" wrote after...

Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

Steam trains, yes. We live near a main rail line and get Steam Trains
going past, a few each week.

?

I didn't know any steam locomotives were on main lines any more.

Oh yes, the Orient Express is often pulled by one and that does the Ascot
trip a few times a day when there is racing there, quite a sight, it also
goes past most weeks. Then there are the other steam train journeys we see
too, they have plain green carriages unlike the superb OE. (see Steamdreams
below)

http://www.orient-express.com/web/uk...day_trains.jsp and there are
two short videos of the British Pullman and the Northern Belle. Posh or
what?

http://www.experiencemad.co.uk/Steam-Train-Trips/ lots of different way to
spend money there. :-)

http://www.steamdreams.com/ Nice Loco pics there and lots of journeys to
choose from.

There are lots more too if you Google Steam Train Journeys.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-05-2008, 02:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:
Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

After all the praise, am am kind of sad that none of the pics came
through for me, all were munged.

Oh well.

stonerfish
Old 16-05-2008, 02:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"jellybean stonerfish" wrote after
joevan wrote:

Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

After all the praise, am am kind of sad that none of the pics came
through for me, all were munged.

Oh well.

Very strange! No special encoding or anything used and they are all
reasonable sized files.
Do you have the same problem with other photos?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-05-2008, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:

Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?

After all the praise, am am kind of sad that none of the pics came
through for me, all were munged.

Oh well.

Very strange! No special encoding or anything used and they are all
reasonable sized files.
Do you have the same problem with other photos?

Yes, sometimes. I think I have a buggy news client.

sf

Old 16-05-2008, 06:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:
Thanks for the beautiful tour. I don't think I would ever see it in
person. It is really nice. Are you also a railroad fan?
After all the praise, am am kind of sad that none of the pics came
through for me, all were munged.

Oh well.

Very strange! No special encoding or anything used and they are all
reasonable sized files.
Do you have the same problem with other photos?

Yes, sometimes. I think I have a buggy news client.

sf

Yes, you do:

Pan/0.129 (Benson & Hedges Moscow Gold)

That program's low version number (0.129) indicates that it is still in
beta, and may even still be in alpha. That is, the programmers don't
think it's ready for prime time yet. There may be a later, more robust
version.

I suggest you get another news client. I use Thunderbird (free), but it
has two main glitches:
a) it doesn't combine split (multi-part) posts into single files;
b) it doesn't decode all yEnc encoded posts (I've given up trying to
figure out which ones it can't do.)

HTH

--
wolf k.

Old 16-05-2008, 07:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:
[...]

Ditto on Thunderbird!
Will