Old 13-11-2010, 08:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Purple Tulip

I just got back from my vacation in N.Z. and Australia.
I shot this tulip in the botanical garden in Hobart, Tasmania.
Bob Williams

Attached Thumbnails
Purple Tulip-purple-tulip-mail.jpg
Old 13-11-2010, 02:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:45:22 -0800, bobwilliams
wrote:

I just got back from my vacation in N.Z. and Australia.
I shot this tulip in the botanical garden in Hobart, Tasmania.
Bob Williams

Nice.
Old 13-11-2010, 05:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"bobwilliams" wrote in message
I just got back from my vacation in N.Z. and Australia.
I shot this tulip in the botanical garden in Hobart, Tasmania.
Bob Williams

Beautiful. Nice trip too! Hope ya had fun.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 14-11-2010, 05:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

bobwilliams wrote:
I just got back from my vacation in N.Z. and Australia.
I shot this tulip in the botanical garden in Hobart, Tasmania.
Bob Williams

Nice one, apart from Tasmania, what parts of Australia did you visit and did
you enjoy your trip?

Old 14-11-2010, 07:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Maroochy wrote:
bobwilliams wrote:
I just got back from my vacation in N.Z. and Australia.
I shot this tulip in the botanical garden in Hobart, Tasmania.
Bob Williams

Nice one, apart from Tasmania, what parts of Australia did you visit and did
you enjoy your trip?

My cruise ship started in Auckland and visited about 8 ports in N.Z.
Then a one-day stop in Hobart.
Cruise actually ended in Sydney but I stayed an extra 4 days in Sydney
to do some sightseeing and gift shopping.
Unfortunately, the weather was not very cooperative for 2 of the 4 days.
The locals said that heavy overcast and rain was was quite unusual for
that time of year. Nevertheless,we did some good sightseeing. City
tours, (Opera House, Botanical Gardens, Australian Museum, Darling
Harbor, Circular Quay area etc.), beach tours to Bondi and Manley and a
delightful 2-hour cruise of Sydney Harbor.
The US Dollar did not go very far in Sydney, at least not in the
downtown area where we stayed.
All in all, we enjoyed the visit very much but I wish I could have
stayed 4 weeks instead of 4 days. One can't even skim the surface of a
city as large, varied and colorful as Sydney in that short period of time.
It's like coming to the US and trying to absorb the flavor of the nation
by visiting New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles.
The ambiance of each city is totally different.
Bob Williams

Old 14-11-2010, 08:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

bobwilliams wrote:
[...]

I know just what you mean, I spent 3 weeks in London, last year, but still
didn't scratch the surface.
Sydney Harbour is beautiful, I'm sorry the weather wasn't kind to you, it
has been very wet this year we are in a La Niña cycle at the moment and the
weather is wetter than unusual. LOL I, of course out of loyalty, have to say
you missed the best state of Australia...Queensland. :-)

Old 14-11-2010, 08:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Maroochy wrote:
bobwilliams wrote:
[...]

A friend who traveled with us from San Diego, stayed an extra 4 days
after se left Sydney. She chose to visit Queensland and especially the
Cairns area.
I can't wait to hear her stories and see her pictures.
She plans to take some underwater pics of the marine life there.
Bob

[IMG] code is On

Purple darwin hybrid tulip bulbs Arthur Gardening 1 19-11-2004 04:11 PM
tulip bulbs in the fridge? Dianne van Dulken Australia 5 08-04-2003 01:08 PM
tulip bulbs Gardening 1 14-03-2003 02:32 PM
Interesting item on Tulip Trees and japanese beetle control... ncstockguy North Carolina 0 18-02-2003 02:01 AM
Advice Re Pruning Broken Tulip Tree MC Gardening 6 01-02-2003 03:29 PM