Old 29-11-2010, 12:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default a forsythia with twisted twigs

I have seen this abnormal growth on my Forsythia. It looks interesting
(a bit like 'Salix sekka').

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ima...rsythia_bw.jpg
[800x800, 97.2KB]

We have the first snow in Central Europe.

G Willi

Attached Thumbnails
a forsythia with twisted twigs-forsythia_bw_thumb.jpg
Old 29-11-2010, 09:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ekom.at,
Willi wrote:

I have seen this abnormal growth on my Forsythia. It looks interesting
(a bit like 'Salix sekka').

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ima...rsythia_bw.jpg
[800x800, 97.2KB]

We have the first snow in Central Europe.

G Willi

You can post the larger image here, you know.

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 30-11-2010, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ekom.at,
Willi writes
I have seen this abnormal growth on my Forsythia. It looks interesting
(a bit like 'Salix sekka').

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ima...rsythia_bw.jpg
[800x800, 97.2KB]

Forsythia gows fast and is only semi-woody, so fasciation like yours is
not unusual. It's harmless, you could post a picture of it in flower...

We have the first snow in Central Europe.

I think we're the last place on the UK without snow. As usual!

--
Sue ]
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 30.11.2010 14:47, schrieb Mad Cow:
In way.telekom.at,
writes
I have seen this abnormal growth on my Forsythia. It looks interesting
(a bit like 'Salix sekka').

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ima...rsythia_bw.jpg
[800x800, 97.2KB]

Forsythia gows fast and is only semi-woody, so fasciation like yours is
not unusual. It's harmless, you could post a picture of it in flower...

[...]

I haven't been worrying about it, I even took a scion. But I have
learnt now that the phenomenon is called 'fasciation'. Thanks a lot for
the info.

Greets willi

Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 29.11.2010 10:25, schrieb Suzie-Q:
In way.telekom.at,
wrote:

I have seen this abnormal growth on my Forsythia. It looks interesting
(a bit like 'Salix sekka').

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ima...rsythia_bw.jpg
[800x800, 97.2KB]

We have the first snow in Central Europe.

G Willi

You can post the larger image here, you know.

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/

Thanks for the info. I know I may, but as it happened that not all my
postings were really showing here, I doubt I always can. Maybe I am
wrong but I am hoping that smaller pics are having a better chance of
being accepted by the servers than large ones. That's why I chose
posting thumbnails plus links instead of the picture itself.
If this should cause any reasonable inconvenience to somebody, I am
willing to post the actual images in the future.

btw my latest postings can be found also he
http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Greets Willi