Old 05-08-2012, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Passion Flower

currently flowering in my garden.

Attached Thumbnails
Passion Flower-passiflora_caerulea-1.jpg
Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:07:30 +0200, Willi wrote:

currently flowering in my garden.

I love the pearly like petals and all the sparkle of the blue spines.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote:
currently flowering in my garden.

Very nice, do you eat the fruit?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 05.08.2012 18:16, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:07:30 +0200, Willi wrote:

currently flowering in my garden.

I love the pearly like petals and all the sparkle of the blue spines.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 06.08.2012 13:36, schrieb Maroochy:
Willi wrote:
currently flowering in my garden.

Very nice, do you eat the fruit?

I don't know if the fruit were edible. Furthermore they don't bear any.
I think the plants are not self-fertile or something like that. Flowers
would be enough. Nevertheless I have also P.edulis, which should produce
edible fruits. But the plants are still too small for flowering and I
think the climate here will be too cold for the fruit to ripen anyways,
if there were any. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote:
I don't know if the fruit were edible. Furthermore they don't bear
any. I think the plants are not self-fertile or something like that.
Flowers would be enough. Nevertheless I have also P.edulis, which
should produce edible fruits. But the plants are still too small for
flowering and I think the climate here will be too cold for the fruit
to ripen anyways, if there were any. Thanks.

They're very nice and extremely popular here in Australia. I was surprised
to hear that, in some countries, the fruit isn't eaten. It's particularly
nice with ice-cream. :-)

Old 07-08-2012, 04:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 07.08.2012 09:34, schrieb Maroochy:
Willi wrote:
I don't know if the fruit were edible. Furthermore they don't bear
any. I think the plants are not self-fertile or something like that.
Flowers would be enough. Nevertheless I have also P.edulis, which
should produce edible fruits. But the plants are still too small for
flowering and I think the climate here will be too cold for the fruit
to ripen anyways, if there were any. Thanks.

They're very nice and extremely popular here in Australia. I was surprised
to hear that, in some countries, the fruit isn't eaten. It's particularly
nice with ice-cream. :-)

The fruit is known here as 'Maracuja', but mostly as an ingredient of
multi-vitamin-juice and there's also a bottled juice drink mixed of
peach and maracuja and a flavour of ice-cream. Maybe the fruit is too
perishable for transport plus storage, so that we know it mainly already
processed.