Old 28-06-2014, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Img-1274-Narcissus

I think this is called a Narcissus.
Attached Thumbnails
Img-1274-Narcissus-dscn1274.jpg
Old 28-06-2014, 10:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Stinkweed" wrote

I think this is called a Narcissus.

Nasturtium is the name.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 29-06-2014, 12:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thank you very much.

"Stinkweed" wrote

Old 29-06-2014, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Stinkweed" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden"
"Stinkweed" wrote

I think this is called a Narcissus.

Nasturtium is the name.

Thank you very much.

Did you know that the leaves and the flowers are edible, the young leaves
are best, sort of spicy flavour like watercress. Great talking point in a
salad if you sprinkle the flowers over.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 29-06-2014, 04:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Yes, I had heard that, I had never tried it before. This is the first year
I have planted them but they are very pretty. Are they annuals or
perennials?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Stinkweed" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden"
"Stinkweed" wrote

Old 29-06-2014, 11:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Stinkweed" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote "Stinkweed" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden"
"Stinkweed" wrote

I think this is called a Narcissus.

Nasturtium is the name.

Thank you very much.

Did you know that the leaves and the flowers are edible, the young leaves
are best, sort of spicy flavour like watercress. Great talking point in a
salad if you sprinkle the flowers over.

Yes, I had heard that, I had never tried it before. This is the first year
I have planted them but they are very pretty. Are they annuals or
perennials?

It's an annual, easily grown from seed. Comes in various colours, see.....
http://www.tmseeds.com/category/s?keyword=nasturtium
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-06-2014, 04:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:23:47 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Are they annuals or
perennials?

It's an annual, easily grown from seed.

In one summer house that we rented nasturtiums had taken over a
portion of the yard. The owner claimed she never planted them saying
"They were always there".

--
Anne's Little Brother Bob