Old 02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Tom or Mary

Default Daylight Savings Time Change Effect On Gardening

Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening? I
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she said to
get a new watch.

Tom

Old 02-08-2005, 10:46 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
"Tom or Mary" wrote:

Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening? I
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she said to
get a new watch.

Tom

Not a bad idea Tom. Get a sundial watch or garden ornament. Us humans
think we matter a whole lot but I'd imagine light, temp, wind, and the
micro climates mean more to tomatoes and plant life. Also note if the
plants fail so do the other folks in the food chain.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 in a Japanese Jungle manner.
This article is posted under fair use rules in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, and is strictly for the educational and informative purposes.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:54 PM
zxcvbob

Tom or Mary wrote:

Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening? I
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she said to
get a new watch.

Tom

Your Four O'Clocks (mirabilis) will be an hour off.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 03-08-2005, 01:19 AM
asdf

"Tom or Mary" wrote in message
Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening?
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she said to
get a new watch.

Uh huh! Ok! LOL
Tom

Old 03-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Darren Garrison

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:55:39 -0400, "Tom or Mary" wrote:

Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening? I
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she said to
get a new watch.

I saved a bunch of daylight in a glass jar once, but I dropped the thing and darned near blinded
myself. Since then, I've saved my daylight only in plastic containers.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:45 AM
Bill R

zxcvbob wrote:
Tom or Mary wrote:

Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on
gardening? I
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she
said to
get a new watch.

Tom

Your Four O'Clocks (mirabilis) will be an hour off.

Best regards,
Bob

I grow lots of Four O'Clocks and during the summer they
never open before 6 PM (EDT).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit
http://members.iglou.com/brosen

Old 03-08-2005, 11:01 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Tom or Mary" wrote in message
Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening?

told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower, and she said to
get a new watch.

Tom

For a start the extra daylight will fade your curtains, the cows will give
less milk and the chooks will lay less eggs. As well trolls will call at
your door more often.

David

Old 03-08-2005, 01:27 PM
VMWOOD

Just think what might happen if you had potted tomatoes and took them
across the international date line.

Marv-Montezuma, IA
http://community.webshots.com/user/vmwood

Old 09-08-2005, 01:10 AM
bungadora

Tom or Mary wrote:
Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening? I
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower,

More people might consider this a valid point than you would suppose. I
was listening to a radio talk show on the Daylight Savings Time change
and whether or not Canada should follow the States' lead. Anyway,
someone phoned in to ask whether the solstice on June 21 would be
affected, and if daylight on that day would last for the same period of
time. The host was at a loss for words, for once.

Dora

Old 10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Starlord

I've never liked DST, it sucks big time and should be done away with.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"bungadora" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom or Mary wrote:
Anyone see any effects of having more daylight savings time on gardening?
told my wife that my tomatoes would probably ripen slower,

More people might consider this a valid point than you would suppose. I
was listening to a radio talk show on the Daylight Savings Time change
and whether or not Canada should follow the States' lead. Anyway,
someone phoned in to ask whether the solstice on June 21 would be
affected, and if daylight on that day would last for the same period of
time. The host was at a loss for words, for once.

Dora

[IMG] code is On

No Daylight Whatsoever ollysugar Gardening 16 10-03-2005 06:27 AM
GOOD SAVINGS HERE Jack Australia 0 16-10-2004 03:55 AM
Exterior Floodlights & daylight switches Rod Out back Australia 12 16-10-2004 02:51 AM
"daylight" Paul Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 24-09-2003 08:04 PM
home energy savings Richie Lawns 0 20-09-2003 10:12 AM