Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Registered User

Default Gotta just kill, well everything. Can I?

Hello all,

First let me apologize for coming into a gardening forum, a place of growth, and asking how to do what I need to do...

I live in an city with houses right on top of each other. I have a side "yard" that I am turning into nothing but a gravel and fieldstone walkway.

Problem... There is MASSIVE growth of weeds and other plants. It's 3 1/1 feet wide, and about 65 feet long with a house on one side and a fence on the other.

I cannot have ANYTHING growing there. Ever... I don't want to deal with any kind of flora popping up anywhere. I have been pulling out roots for 2 months now while I prepare for the walkway, but these things keep returning.

WHAT can I pour into the soil to kill and KEEP DEAD anything. I'm talking nothing is even able to grow there. That's what I want.

Weed killers are not working. I mean, I know this sounds dumb, but can I pour something like, bleach, alcohol, or some kind of poison into the dirt? Something in large volumes that will not only kill, but stay in the soil and make that soil completely, 100% inhospitable?

Thanks you,

Chris

[IMG] code is On

I think this just about covers everything (OT - Seasonal greeting) Phil L United Kingdom 0 22-12-2005 12:54 PM
Gotta just kill, well everything. Can I? Doug Kanter Gardening 12 12-08-2005 05:10 PM
gotta move :( Valkyrie Gardening 8 28-07-2004 11:02 AM
Best way to kill everything growing now for next years garden plot Roy Hauer Gardening 4 04-08-2003 02:22 AM
Just when I thought I had seen everything KK from NJ Edible Gardening 2 24-05-2003 06:08 AM