Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Ted

Default over-wintering nonstop begonias and impatience

OK, I know neither of these is winter hardy here (and I am not certain
of the spelling of the common names), but the plants are amazing and
giving an incredible display. The question is, can I keep them going
by transplanting into smaller pots (there are four to five plants in
each of two large pots) and bring them inside? How long can they be
kept going? Must either have a period of dormancy? If so, it wouldn't
be hard to keep them at a relatively contant four degrees Celcius. But
if I can keep them as houseplants, either during the winters or
possibly even all year long, that would be terrific!

I guess this reduces to two questions: 1) what to do to overwinter
these plants, and 2) can they be kept as houseplants during part, or
all, of the year, and if so how.

Thanks,

Ted