Old 18-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Barry Andrews

Default Cool enough to sow grass

Hi All,

When is it cool enough in the fall to sow grass? I am here in NC and it
is still in the upper 80's and lower 90's. I know that fall has not
officially arrived, but it's just a few days away. The type of grassing
I will be sowing is tall fescue.

thanks,

Old 24-09-2005, 12:35 AM
fran

I also live in NC, and usually seed around the 1st week of October,
after core-aerating the ground. You will have to remember to water
frequently, as this is one of the the dry times of year.