Old 18-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Donna

Default Organic control of Black Spot

I have found that planting wild garlic under the roses
elimates both black spot and aphids.
Old 19-03-2003, 06:20 AM
B & J

"Donna" wrote in message
m...
I have found that planting wild garlic under the roses
elimates both black spot and aphids.

Garlic is a waste of time. Try spraying with a full-strength solution of
Miracid. It cuts down on the black spot but does nothing for the aphids.
Aphids can be controlled with a sharp stream of water prior to spraying with
Miracid.

John

Old 19-03-2003, 01:44 PM
John T. Jarrett

I have year round black spot. I have tried different products and
nothing works. But i have gorgeous flowers 7 months a year with
delicious scents. It has become one of those "if ya cant beat 'em join
'em" things. I refuse to pull these bushes.

That sums it up pretty much exactly...just hope I can keep it down to a dull
roar without poisoning my yard this year :/

Gets all my roses, Elm bonsai, strawberry plants...Even if I threw them all
away (which ain't likely) I'd end up buying my wife a pretty one I saw at
Wal-Mart and, bam, it would be right back. With all the roses around the
neighborhood, it might actually never go away.

So tossing the plants really isn't on my list either :)

John
Zone 8a - where the roses don't go all the way to sleep and neither does the
black spot