Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2005, 05:38 AM
tvksi

Default Spathiphyllum, Peace Lily

My youngest cat, now a year old, loves drinking from moving water; from
faucets, hoses, pumped water in the bird bath etc. So, I, having this
quite large Oriental gazed pot I found years ago at a garage sale,
decided to make him a fountain in it. The only thing I could find to
plant in it was Spathiphyllum. I got the job done and the cat loves it
but it is not too stable. The only thing I could find to stabliize the
pump hose was to stand a wire cookie cooler rack upright in the pot and
wire the hose to it in the position suitable for the cat to reach it.
The pot is quite deep and the only way I could keep the plants up high
enough was to put one of them in a vase and set it on top of a jar and
have the water high enough so that the water would flow into/outof the
vase. (This plant I had washed all the soil from the roots hoping to
grow it without soil.) The other plant I placed pot and all in a
suitable ceramic bowl and set it on a jar so that the rim would be
above water level but will have to water it individualy for now. The
reason I did this is I wanted to see how the soiless plant would do and
if works OK, will wash the soil from the other one. Then I placed a
rock with some holes all the way through and put the hose through it to
let the water come out of the rock.

the problem is, I need a more stable way to to set it up. The cat loves
it, It is quite pretty, the spath is blooig and none of the hardware
shows as the plants are quite full but I would like it to be more
stable. would so much appreciate some advise. thanks in advane.--lee

[IMG] code is On

Peace Lily-5709 (Spathiphyllum) Maroochy Garden Photos 0 08-11-2008 10:28 AM
Plant Peace Lily outside? TLR Texas 5 01-04-2006 10:59 PM
Peace Lily advice Angela United Kingdom 5 05-02-2004 06:45 PM
Peace Lily Bill D Gardening 1 27-04-2003 10:44 PM
Peace Lily joe Ponds 13 27-02-2003 06:10 PM