Old 04-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Angela

Default Peace Lily advice

Hi

I have a very large peace lily which grows very well in it's current
position, which is under a window getting sunshine in the mornings
and about 3 feet from a radiator so it's nice and warm. Because it
grows so well it has been repotted several times and over 3 years it
has progressed from a 6 inch pot to an 18 inch terracotta pot. I
feed it with Miracle grow

It flowers constantly and always has at least 3 large flowers on it
at any one time and it constantly produces new leaves. The problem I
have is with the leaves. Not long after they appear they get brown
edges, so the plant looks pretty tatty most of the time. This
happens all year round so I don't think it has anything to do with
the radiator. Is there anything I can do about this problem?

TIA

Angela

Old 04-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Angela
writes
Hi

I have a very large peace lily which grows very well in it's current
position, which is under a window getting sunshine in the mornings
and about 3 feet from a radiator so it's nice and warm. Because it
grows so well it has been repotted several times and over 3 years it
has progressed from a 6 inch pot to an 18 inch terracotta pot. I
feed it with Miracle grow

It flowers constantly and always has at least 3 large flowers on it
at any one time and it constantly produces new leaves. The problem I
have is with the leaves. Not long after they appear they get brown
edges, so the plant looks pretty tatty most of the time. This
happens all year round so I don't think it has anything to do with
the radiator. Is there anything I can do about this problem?

Dry air, possibly?

But you may have it in the wrong spot. My peace lilies are flourishing
standing in the fireplace in a north facing room about 10ft from the
window - about as far as you can get from radiator and sunshine!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 05-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Martin Sykes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
But you may have it in the wrong spot. My peace lilies are flourishing
standing in the fireplace in a north facing room about 10ft from the
window - about as far as you can get from radiator and sunshine!

I have two. The one in the bathroom is green and lush. The one in the living
room regularly gets the brown crinkly edges. It's either the light or the
humidity. If you like it where it is, try misting with water every day.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM
AK

"Martin Sykes" wrote in
message ...
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
But you may have it in the wrong spot. My peace lilies are

flourishing
standing in the fireplace in a north facing room about 10ft from

the
window - about as far as you can get from radiator and sunshine!

I have two. The one in the bathroom is green and lush. The one in

the living
room regularly gets the brown crinkly edges. It's either the light

or the
humidity. If you like it where it is, try misting with water every

day.

I will try that. I would move it but it is so large I have no where
to else it can go, actually it's too heavy to move..............not a
good idea using a terracotta pot!!

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
AK

"Martin Sykes" wrote in
message ...
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
But you may have it in the wrong spot. My peace lilies are

flourishing
standing in the fireplace in a north facing room about 10ft from

the
window - about as far as you can get from radiator and sunshine!

I have two. The one in the bathroom is green and lush. The one in

the living
room regularly gets the brown crinkly edges. It's either the light

or the
humidity. If you like it where it is, try misting with water every

day.

I will try that. I would move it but it is so large I have no where
to else it can go, actually it's too heavy to move..............not a
good idea using a terracotta pot!!

Tropical Peace Lily in ponds Reel McKoi Ponds 2 09-03-2007 02:46 AM
Plant Peace Lily outside? TLR Texas 5 01-04-2006 10:59 PM
Spathiphyllum, Peace Lily tvksi Gardening 13 03-11-2005 11:14 PM
Peace Lily Bill D Gardening 1 27-04-2003 10:44 PM
Peace Lily joe Ponds 13 27-02-2003 06:10 PM