Old 31-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Warren

Default pre-seeded floral carpets? seeking advice

Cereoid+10+ wrote:

The consensus is that "pre-seeded floral carpets" are a waste of money

and
it would be more practical and cheaper in the long run to just buy six

packs
of annual plants and plant them. Its the quickest and easiest way to

go.
That's why most people do it.

Yep. The only thing you gain with the "carpet" is seed spacing. You
still have to get the depth right, your soil still needs to be in good
condition and the right temperature, you still need the right sunlight
conditions, you still need to water properly, etc., etc.... and of all
the variables involved, seed spacing is probably the least important.

Getting back to the original poster's desires, instead of thinking about
the seeds, think about the soil. A rich. loamy soil, that's warm enough
for germination is the best place to focus attention. Even if you're
going to take the (expensive) short-cut of planting starts, good soil is
the most important thing.

Seeds glued to a sheet aren't going to do any better than seeds you
scatter yourself.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.