Old 29-06-2011, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Carpets on allotments or no carpets?

Hi,

Our Council does not encourage people to use carpets for weed killing and
want us to buy the black sheet instead.

Some one has bought it and he has to put weights to prevent it from flying
away.

Carpets do not let the soil dry quick and it is a better week killer than he
black sheet.

Just wants to know why these Councils do not let us do what we think is best
but force their wills.

--
Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Lecturer in Metallurgy,

Holy spirit = common sense = spirit of Man,
Holy Spirit = Extra Ordinary Sense = Spirit of God
Holy spirit shatters the fetters of the Letter, Holy Books.
No christ or satguru in your heart; no Gospel.
For articles on sister Christian and Sikh communities, visit: -
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...ar/sikhism.htm
URL:http://www.youtube.com/user/nijjhar1
Produced over 2150 Youtube Videos; channel nijjhar1.

Here is my list of Playlists on Youtube. Any body prepared to help in the
Promotion of Gospel, let him join hands please.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...r/playlist.htm

Old 29-06-2011, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rajinder Nijjhar" wrote

Our Council does not encourage people to use carpets for weed killing and
want us to buy the black sheet instead.

Some one has bought it and he has to put weights to prevent it from flying
away.

Carpets do not let the soil dry quick and it is a better week killer than
he black sheet.

Just wants to know why these Councils do not let us do what we think is
best but force their wills.

Because people leave them on their plots for weeds to grow through, which
they will eventually do, and then it's a very difficult job for the next
gardener to get rid of it. Because unless you know where the carpet came
from it may contain various chemicals, insect killers, cleaning chemicals,
not good for the soil. My pet hate is it looks a complete mess and why would
you want to cover your soil, it's for growing things in.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 29-06-2011, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Rajinder Nijjhar" wrote

Our Council does not encourage people to use carpets for weed killing and
want us to buy the black sheet instead.

Some one has bought it and he has to put weights to prevent it from
flying away.

Carpets do not let the soil dry quick and it is a better week killer than
he black sheet.

Just wants to know why these Councils do not let us do what we think is
best but force their wills.

Because people leave them on their plots for weeds to grow through, which
they will eventually do, and then it's a very difficult job for the next
gardener to get rid of it. Because unless you know where the carpet came
from it may contain various chemicals, insect killers, cleaning chemicals,
not good for the soil. My pet hate is it looks a complete mess and why
would you want to cover your soil, it's for growing things in.

My Council L B Bexley, has now banned carpet from plots for exactly the
reasons you mention.

Pete C
SE London
--
Pete C
London meet Sat June 9th 2012

Old 20-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Today i want to say that no doubt that carpet is essential need of every house. When your carpets are clean and your cushions are straight, the house looks great. As one of the biggest investments in your home, one of the key factors in maintaining a fresh, healthy indoor environment and a key factor in creating a home that is welcoming to visitors.and carpets also need its cleaning and damage from water damages and others in this purpose we give excellent services to our customers.PHJ Services give a 24 hour Water Damage Emergency Service
Old 21-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson0 View Post
Today i want to say that no doubt that carpet is essential need of every house. When your carpets are clean and your cushions are straight, the house looks great. As one of the biggest investments in your home, one of the key factors in maintaining a fresh, healthy indoor environment and a key factor in creating a home that is welcoming to visitors.and carpets also need its cleaning and damage from water damages and others in this purpose we give excellent services to our customers.PHJ Services give a 24 hour Water Damage Emergency Service
gold coast tile cleaning