Old 05-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Kathy

Default Veggie garden question

My small garden is looking good. Its been planted now for almost 2 weeks.
However nothing appears to be growing. The ones I planted as starters are
healthy appearing but not getting any larger. We live in San Diego and the
temps have not been very warm. Were talking 65 to maybe 75 degrees could
this be the reason? Also the marigold leaves are turning purple and dark
whats wrong with them? HELP please from you expert gardeners out there.

Thanks in advance, Kathy

Old 06-04-2003, 07:08 AM
M. Tiefert

In article , "Kathy" wrote:
My small garden is looking good. Its been planted now for almost 2 weeks.
However nothing appears to be growing. The ones I planted as starters are
healthy appearing but not getting any larger. We live in San Diego and the
temps have not been very warm. Were talking 65 to maybe 75 degrees could
this be the reason? Also the marigold leaves are turning purple and dark
whats wrong with them? HELP please from you expert gardeners out there.

A lot of plants tend to get reddish purplish leaves when they're
suffering from not enough water. Or maybe some other stress. You can't
depend on rain anymore down there :-)

cheers,

Marj

* * *