Old 03-04-2006, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nice Guy

Default NEED CLOVER SPECIFIC HERBICIDE

We have clover invading some rather nice ground cover. I do not know what
kind of ground cover it is as it is a volunteer, but it resembles lemon
thyme. We live in Central California in zone 17 if i am not mistaken.
Could someone recommend a clover-specific herbicide which will not hurt the
mixed-in ground cover? (If there is such a thing).

TIA
Dan and Mary

Old 04-04-2006, 04:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Derryl Killan

Nice Guy wrote:
We have clover invading some rather nice ground cover. I do not know what
kind of ground cover it is as it is a volunteer, but it resembles lemon
thyme. We live in Central California in zone 17 if i am not mistaken.
Could someone recommend a clover-specific herbicide which will not hurt the
mixed-in ground cover? (If there is such a thing).

TIA
Dan and Mary

There is no such thing as a clover specific herbicide. Depending on how
much you want to be rid of your clover you might want to apply roundup
with a paint brush being careful not to touch the other plants.

Derryl Killan
Horticulturist's
Old 04-04-2006, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chelsea Christenson

"Nice Guy" wrote in message
We have clover invading some rather nice ground cover. I do not know what
kind of ground cover it is as it is a volunteer, but it resembles lemon
thyme.

Perhaps you could consider the clover another volunteer....

Old 05-04-2006, 11:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

"Chelsea Christenson" wrote in message
. ..
"Nice Guy" wrote in message
We have clover invading some rather nice ground cover. I do not know

what
kind of ground cover it is as it is a volunteer, but it resembles lemon
thyme.

Perhaps you could consider the clover another volunteer....

varieties of clover (warning, there are a few to peruse). Clover can be a
good addition to gardens and lawns as it locks in nitrogen from the air.
http://www.agric.nsw.gov.au/reader/4262#Subspecies

Old 05-04-2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Nope, no such thing that I've heard of. Plus why get ride of it? If it
really is clover, it'll be good for whatever plants it's growing in or
amoung.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
jtill

Clover is a sign that the Nitrogen is low in a yard.

Try this link for specific treatment;

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortn...04/clover.html

Joe T
Houston