Old 02-05-2006, 06:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Denny

Default Please ID These Wildflowers

Hi,

Things are blooming in force here in Southern Ontario Canada after a
benign winter and an early warm spell to start the spring off. These
wildflowers have srpung up at the edge of my yard. They're quite pretty
and I'd like to know what they are.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower1.jpg
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower2.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Denny

Old 02-05-2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat

Denny-
You're right!. . .It's very pretty! It looks a little bit like a kind
of periwinkle. I did a Google search of images plugging in
"periwinkle." There are dozens of pictures, you might want to try a
search of your own. Here's one for example:

http://www.nativeorchid.com/BT32b-Pe...003_erB520.jpg

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Old 02-05-2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
axemanchris

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Things are blooming in force here in Southern Ontario Canada after a
benign winter and an early warm spell to start the spring off. These
wildflowers have srpung up at the edge of my yard. They're quite pretty
and I'd like to know what they are.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower1.jpg
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower2.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Denny

These sweet little flowers come up year after year in my Southern Ontario
front yard - the are called Forget-me-nots! I get them in pink too.

Jacqui

Old 02-05-2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
axemanchris

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Things are blooming in force here in Southern Ontario Canada after a
benign winter and an early warm spell to start the spring off. These
wildflowers have srpung up at the edge of my yard. They're quite pretty
and I'd like to know what they are.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower1.jpg
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower2.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Denny

The second photo is a plant commonly known as "money plant". It will get
interesting round, translucent seed pods later in the summer. They are good
for drying and useing in arrangments.

Jacqui

Old 02-05-2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sue Burnham

Denny-- the first one is Myosotis ( arvensis?? sylvatica?? ), a Forget Me
Not.

The second one is something I'd like to have when I find out what it
is!!!!!

sue
western maine

Old 02-05-2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sue Burnham

Thanks Jenny for the heads up on this one ( Money Plant, Lunaria) I knew
I'd seen the leaves, just don't recall seeing the actual flowering. I know
they are a biennial, vegetative growth the first year, flowering and seeding
the second.

I'll take a pass on my previous post and give them a miss.

Sue
Western Maine

Old 02-05-2006, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val

Periwinkle is generally the common name for vincas around here. Try "Forget
Me Not"......also the state flower of Alaska.

http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/...sotisscor.html

Val

ups.com...