Old 17-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Dave Fouchey

Default ******it's******snowing!*******

That's a fact Pat, I wish we had about two feet of snowpack right
now...had to dig a couple holes last week to set telephone poles in
Romulus and the ground, while frozen, was dry as dust, very little
moisture content below about 4"....

Are you getting any of this today? We have seen a few flurries but no
accumulation. Also if you don;t have to drive to Livonia sounds like
that would be a good Idea, over 20 water main breaks there...

And that's where I commute to in the morning..

Dave
Sterling Heights, MI

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:22:11 -0600, (Pat Kiewicz)
wrote:

Dave Fouchey said:

Well the GOOD news is that it ISN'T snowing here...the bad news is
that so far it has warmed up to a balmy 9 degrees F... Spring is a
figment of the imagination, I am sure of it!

That's not particularly good news for our garden plants (which would
appreciate the insulation and wind barrier), or for our soil moisture.

SE Michigan is (still) officially in a drought.

Of course, I'd rather get 2 feet of snow in at least 4 discrete storms, rather
than all at once!

Old 17-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Betsy

Oh, yeah, but I can only hope that even if we have a really dry summer the
powers that be will be sensible enough to remember this winter and allow us
to use city water on our gardens!

wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:14:22 -0500, "Betsy" -0 wrote:
Good grief. It started at around 4:00 a.m. and already we have about a
foot. It's not supposed to stop until Monday.

Waaaah! I want spring!

Betsy in (under?) Baltimore

But isn't it great that the drought is over?

Old 17-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Shadow

You've never laughed so hard until you've seen a collie reject the path
you've shoveled for him and go bounding through the snow--which is just
about above his head--like a porpoise. Or a beached whale. Take your

pick.

Hehe...yup.....my lab buries herself in the snow drift, then I see this
black head poke through. She loves it, and it gives me a great laugh. Well,
I laugh when it's not 11:00 at night and -41C and she feels like playing
instead of just doing her business. I'm pretty much yellin' at her then..

:-)

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 18-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Dave Fouchey said:

That's a fact Pat, I wish we had about two feet of snowpack right
now...had to dig a couple holes last week to set telephone poles in
Romulus and the ground, while frozen, was dry as dust, very little
moisture content below about 4"....

'Normal' people look at me funny when I say that, though.

Are you getting any of this today? We have seen a few flurries but no
accumulation.

Well, it looked like a little bit of snow stuck. Hardly anything, actually.

Also if you don;t have to drive to Livonia sounds like
that would be a good Idea, over 20 water main breaks there...
And that's where I commute to in the morning...

That's one lousy commute! (Even without the broken mains.)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 18-02-2003, 06:03 PM

this is why I replaced the back solid door with a full length glass door. I can see
when the little buggers want back in. with 5 dogs they all take different times and
some of em pretend deafness when called. Ingrid

"Shadow" wrote:
Hehe...yup.....my lab buries herself in the snow drift, then I see this
black head poke through. She loves it, and it gives me a great laugh. Well,
I laugh when it's not 11:00 at night and -41C and she feels like playing
instead of just doing her business. I'm pretty much yellin' at her then..

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 19-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Ono

Though i'm living in a area almost no snow falls and i'm definitely looking
for a spring to come to see many plants sprouting and blooming, but i don't
know why, i feel missing this chill wind blowing when i'm thinking it would
be gone shortly. i've never felt like this before. Guess it seems i have
been getting kinda old. Anyway, spring's just around the corner here.
hehehehe.

- Ono (there was a time in my childhood when it snowed about a foot. i can't
forget that complete silence outside.)