Old 23-05-2006, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
spbowers

Default Need bush/shrubbery help-Shrubs butchered!!

I hope I am in the right place. I left it up to a friend who said he
knew what he was doing, when I said I needed to have my bushes in
front of the house trimmed, and he did them while I was at work
today...

Well they are now trimmed, and I have exposed branches and
"trunks" of the evergreen bushes in front of the house that
I have to put on the market to sell in the next month. Is there any
viable option for making them look better short of pulling them out
and putting something else in their place? Anything that anyone can
recommend would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Shane Bowers

Old 23-05-2006, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"spbowers" wrote in message
I hope I am in the right place. I left it up to a friend who said he
knew what he was doing, when I said I needed to have my bushes in
front of the house trimmed, and he did them while I was at work
today...

Well they are now trimmed, and I have exposed branches and
"trunks" of the evergreen bushes in front of the house that
I have to put on the market to sell in the next month. Is there any
viable option for making them look better short of pulling them out
and putting something else in their place? Anything that anyone can
recommend would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Shane Bowers

In much of the U.S., evergreens have already made their first burst of new
growth for the season. Many will do it again after being trimmed, but it's
not likely to look good again in a month. Can you post some pictures for us
to see, at a site like www.photobucket.com? Include close-ups, and use a
tripod or some other object to make sure the camera's absolutely stationary.

Old 23-05-2006, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
readandpostrosie

i have seen this done before (my son's house) and suggest that you plant as
many gerianiums as you can afford, right in front of them.

Old 24-05-2006, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"spbowers" wrote in message

I hope I am in the right place. I left it up to a friend who
said
he knew what he was doing, when I said I needed to have my
bushes in
front of the house trimmed, and he did them while I was at work
today...

Well they are now trimmed, and I have exposed branches and
"trunks" of the evergreen bushes in front of the house that
I have to put on the market to sell in the next month. Is
there any
viable option for making them look better short of pulling them
out
and putting something else in their place? Anything that
anyone can
recommend would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Shane Bowers

What kind of bushes? Where are you?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 26-05-2006, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
spbowers

thank you all for your responses...I am in Iowa...its a BIG mess...how
tall will the geraniums grow?

Old 26-05-2006, 04:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"spbowers" wrote in message
.. .
thank you all for your responses...I am in Iowa...its a BIG mess...how
tall will the geraniums grow?

Annual geraniums, the ones sold in every garden center, home store and
supermarket at this time of year will grow maybe 2 feet tall at best.
Considering your level of knowledge, you don't need to discuss the rest of
the geranium varieties. You need to open the yellow pages, look under garden
centers, visit one, and tell them your problem. What people tell you here is
very nice. What's actually available at local dealers is what will determine
your final solution.

Old 26-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered User

Location: Kanazawa, Japan

It sounds as though you may need a bit of direction when it come sto pruning, just in case you're tempted to do it the wrong way again. As it happens, I've just prepared a report on pruning, which you can download free. Look for the link to my website on here and click on the floating button. Best of luck with the mess already made, though.