Old 13-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Angela Coffey

Default Silver Leaf Maple

I have a big silver leaf maple tree that has seeds dropping like crazy.
Anybody need some seeds? I would gladly trade you some for any flower seeds,
or Hostas. I also have Wisteria seeds to trade

We have 11 acres and someday hope to have every acre planted with flowers
and shade plants

Angie

Old 13-04-2003, 03:44 AM
John S. DeBoo

Angela Coffey wrote:

I have a big silver leaf maple tree that has seeds dropping like crazy.
Anybody need some seeds? I would gladly trade you some for any flower seeds,
or Hostas. I also have Wisteria seeds to trade

We have 11 acres and someday hope to have every acre planted with flowers
and shade plants

11 acres of freedom, I envy you. I only have the back yard of a total 1/4 acre
plot that of course has the house on it. I've a 12x12 plot of grass, a 12x16
hobby shop I just completed and the area where our 18x36 pool used to be. With
186 yards of dirt it has become quite a nice project for things like a statue,
very small plastic pond, 10 roses, a trellis for 2 climbers and lots of other
interesting plants, herbs, veggies and flowers. 11 acres, what I'd do with even
1 acresigh.

On the plus side, all the flower & veggie seeds etc are coming up except the
zuccini so far. Close to 80º today, loving it in Albuquerque.
--
John S. DeBoo

Old 14-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Iris Cohen

I have a big silver leaf maple tree that has seeds dropping like crazy.
Anybody need some seeds?

Why? Giving away silver maple seeds is like giving dandelion seeds to a lawn
owner.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 15-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Angela Coffey

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
I have a big silver leaf maple tree that has seeds dropping like crazy.
Anybody need some seeds?

Why? Giving away silver maple seeds is like giving dandelion seeds to a

lawn
owner.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Thank you for your two cents worth...

Angie

Old 15-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Phisherman

I hate those trees too! But I do have a really nice sugar (hard)
maple that behaves well--no surface roots, nice shape, great fall
color. Sugar maples grow slow, silver maples grow fast and tear up
sidewalks and water lines. If you have the space away from house and
driveway, it would be ok.

Old 17-04-2003, 04:44 AM

uhhhhh... silver maples are considered "trash" trees. they grow fast, they are soft
and break off easily in winds endangering everything close by. their roots destroy.
they really are considered a highly undesirable tree. Ingrid

"Angela Coffey" wrote:
Thank you for your two cents worth...

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 21-04-2003, 03:20 AM
SWD

I planted one about 10 years ago and it is beautiful even if it does
have large roots,
--
Sheila

Photography by Sheila Dalton
http://webpages.plantationcable.net/dalton9/main.htm

Personal Web site
http://webpages.plantationcable.net/...9/homepage.htm
Old 26-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Mary Ellen & Chris Magoc

John - Oh how I miss Albuquerque. I'd throw my aloe vera babies on the
sandy soil, and they'd grow like shrubs! Lived there for two years while my
husband went to UNM, then moved back to nw PA. Oh for the average 300 days
of sunshine/per year! The flora out there is so pretty - even the blooms of
the cholla [?sp], the prickly pear, the yucca blooms. And how my
houseplants loved it there, too! Took an 8" pot of jade, it grew into a
tree - it was about a 12" pot or bigger when I brought it back to PA. So I
envy YOU, your weather, your sunshine, your sky looms!

Angela- - I'd be happy to share seeds with you, but NOT in exchange for
silver maples, which I am now constantly pulling out seedlings. I am a
proponent of NON-lawns, and to that end will share what spare seeds I have.

Mary Ellen
Erie, PA - zone 5
[where we hesitate to say yet, Spring has Sprung!]